Can dss remove a new baby?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)
  1. profile image54
    Trudyrudyposted 2 years ago

    Can dss remove a new baby?

    My boyfriend had his infant daughter removed by nc dss and we are planning to have a child of our own.  But we're both worried dss could try and take ours.  Background: my boyfriend has a felony child abuse charge against him.  He served 12 years for it.  Any information will help us.

  2. Johnny James A profile image66
    Johnny James Aposted 2 years ago

    Can DSS remove a child right after birth?  Absolutely, if there are legitimate concerns for the safety and welfare of the child. Will they?  It depends again on "if" they think there is a concern and "whether" they can convince a court of the danger. You may also want to consider, if you bf is on probation/parole, if being around children may violate that. Usually, conditions of being around children apply to other people's children, however, it can apply to one's children as well. Best thing you can do is seek out professional advice for your home state.  Many times there are free legal clinics which can help.

  3. ptosis profile image71
    ptosisposted 2 years ago

    Your BF would know, and if he says he doesn't know then he is lying to you.  Should think twice before having any children with a guy who won't be honest with you and probably  registered for life. Do a background check on him to see what else he ain't telling you. … ncing.html

    Other possible penalties and/or consequences may include:

        Lifetime requirement to register as a child sexual offender
        Termination of parental rights
        Ruined reputation
        Criminal record
        Supervised access to the child
        Physical or actual loss and enjoyment of a child
        Continual involvement with a child protective services agency

    You can start looking for his name here:

    "New York, similarly to virtually every State in the union, maintains a Registry that lists the names of people who have supposedly abused or maltreated a child. Inclusion on the Registry is virtually automatic requiring only that the allegations satisfy a minimal “any credible evidence” standard. Although adding a name to the Registry is easily done the consequence of such inclusion can be economically devastating."

    Serving 12 years?  Must have been a heinous crime. My advice is to run not walk away from him

  4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

    You need to talk to a lawyer familiar with child protective services law in your state. The daughter  have been taken due to his actions that hurt her - which means your children would be taken or at a minimum heavily supervised.
    If the child was taken due to misbehavior by both of her parents, then you will still get social workers visiting but may or may not have tight supervision.
    Get legal advice from someone familiar with your state's laws AND can look up his case. Because if his time in jail was related to any sexual abuse, you are almost guaranteed to lose any children at birth.


This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at:

Show Details
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the or domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)