jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Blowing One's Horn

1. RonPrice profile image60
    RonPriceposted 10 years ago

This reading and writing I do does not take place in a vaccuum. I continue my role of activist, but I play the role differently than I did in the first forty years of my adult life.  As someone who surmounted the educational hurdles that kept previous generations in my family solidly working class, I became a credentialed worker, a professional who experienced considerable autonomy and intrinsic worker satisfaction from the 1960s to the 1990s. And now that paid-labour of the day does not occupy me as it did for decades, nor does raising a family, nor going to meetings and engaging so frequently in social and community activities,  I can write and place the products of my efforts at thousands of internet sites with literally millions of my words.  Although a critical observer might see and say that I was simply blowing my own horn, I was blowing the horn of the Cause I have been associated with for over 50 years, so to speak. This occupied me virtually all my waking hours.

2. fridayonmymind profile image81
    fridayonmymindposted 10 years ago

Blow away!  You will delight some, you will irritate some, you will inspire some.  You have much to share: to be silent is the selfish choice.

3. sminut13 profile image72
    sminut13posted 9 years ago

as they say, blow away. you definitely don get a chance to blow your horn everyday, and what's more, you have definitely earned your right. congrats.

4. RonPrice profile image60
    RonPriceposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the inviation to blow my horn. I continue to do so at this site, although not at this thread which I think should come to a graceful end as advised by site organizers.-Ron in Australia

working