- Family and Parenting»
- Babies & Baby Care
How to Make Baby Sock Flowers in a Cup
Baby socks are useful presents. The most common sizes are 0 to 3 months, 3 to 6 months, 6 to 12 month, and then by year. If you want to give socks as a present, make sure you give some in different sizes. I usually avoid giving clothes for 0 to 3 months as this is the typical present for a new mother. Then, mothers are stuck with lots of tiny clothes that are outgrown very fast as some babies grow very quickly. Therefore, they don’t have enough clothes for next stages.
I made this baby socks flowers in a cup for my sister’s baby shower. She is having a boy so I chose blue colors. This mug can be used to decorate the present’s table.
This lovely arrangement makes a great and inexpensive present for a baby shower or for a new baby.
You can use it as a new baby present for someone who lives far away and who you won’t be able to see soon. Sending a mug with socks by mail is not that expensive as people think. It will make a lovely surprise for the receiver.
The beauty of these lovely baby socks flowers in a cup is that you can spend more or less money depending on what you choose as materials. You can choose a designer expensive mug or an inexpensive option from a dollar store, depending on your wallet. You can wrap it up in a cellophane bag and tie it with a ribbon or just leave it unwrapped.
The other great advantage to this gift is that it is two presents in one: One for the baby and one for the mother (or father).
Sticky Dots - Key for this project
How to make baby socks flowers in a cup
- Mug (medium size).
- Baby socks. I used size 12-24 months so they don’t have to be used immediately. You can use a 6-12 months if you like and it will look good too. It looks better if you use socks that have different colors.
- Ribbon 1 meter (baby or new baby preferably).
- Sticky dots.
- Cellophane and ribbon (if you want to wrap it up)
- Make the roses one by one, you can make three depending on the size of the mug.
- Fold the rest of the socks (if you have more) in the bottom of the mug.
- Fit all the roses in the mug. They should be tight.
- Make a bow sticking it to the mug using a sticky dot to fix it.
I made the following video to show you how to make this easy and useful gift.
This lovely idea can be adapted:
- You can make it for girls or boys and you can also make two for twins.
- There are lovely mugs in the market with mom prints.
- There are companies that offer personalized mugs, so you can use a photo of the mum, or the mum and dad to customize the present.
- You can buy a little jar instead of a mug, you might need more socks. So you can buy different size socks, taking note which size are each sock.
If you are in a rush, there are several retailers that offer these types of arrangements:
- How to plan a great baby shower
Are you in charge of organizing a baby shower and want it to be a successful and hassle free event? To plan a great baby shower packed with lots of great ideas, follow these steps.