Lentils and Rice with Curry
Have Brown Rice for Healthy Eating
Easy Vegetarian Recipe with Curry
You can easily make this vegetarian curry recipe with a variety of healthy vegetables. Try adding curry to different vegetables and legumes--especially to lentils and rice. I always have a good supplies of both lentils and brown rice for those last minute dinner ideas. Lentils and brown rice both offer many healthful vitamins, minerals and fiber along with being very tasty and satisfying. Whenever I am at a loss for what to cook, and have also forgotten to take something out of the freezer this is first choice on my list. And you can add many other veggies to this mix for a complete dinner.
Lentils and Rice
Add the Lentils
- Two cups uncooked Brown rice
- Two cups dry Lentils
- Two tablespoons Curry powder
- One teaspoon Fresh ginger
- One teaspoon Ground chile pepper
- Sesame Oil
- Two tablespoons Sesame seeds
- One tablespoon Garlic salt
- One tablespoon Turmeric
- One-half cup Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Left over vegetables, chopped
Instructions for Curry Recipe
- Set up two medium size pots to cook lentils and brown rice individually.
- Boil four cups of water and add two cups of the brown rice. Cook until the rice is tender. You may need to add a bit more water.
- Take the rice off the burner and add one tablespoon of sesame oil. Add garlic salt and black pepper. Keep the lid on the pot to stay warm.
- While the rice is cooking, boil four cups of water in a separate bot and add the lentils. Cook until the water evaporates and the lentils are tender.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric, ground Chile pepper to the rice mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir gently to blend all the seasonings.
- Grate fresh ginger over the lentils (as much to suit your taste). Add the sesame seeds to the lentil mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute any vegetables you have in the refrigerator.
- Stir the vegetables in the rice mixture.
- Add the yogurt to the lentils.
- Serve the rice topped with the lentils for this easy vegetarian curry recipe with vegetables.
Put rice on a plate and cover with the lentil mixture. A green salad will enhance this easy vegetarian recipe. A side dish of fresh broccoli will add a healthy and delicious touch to this vegetaraian meal.