- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Prawns In Sesame Seeds Recipe.
Prawns are very healthy meat. They are very rich source of not only proteins but also omega 3 fatty acids which is very good for the heart. Also prawn meat is very light on calories so it is very good for the people who are trying to loose weight. Children also like the taste of prawns so it is very good for those moms which complain that their children don’t eat anything. Prawns are also very easy to digest. Sesame seeds are very rich source of calcium so this dish not only help children grow healthy but also have strong teeth and bones
1. Prawns: Medium size 250 grams/ 8 Oz.
2. Sesame Seeds: 1/3 cup.
3. Grated Processed Cheese: ½ cup.
4. Split Bengal Gram ( Chana dal): Powdered and roasted 1½ Tsp.
5. Carom ( Ajwain) Seeds: ½ Tsp.
6. Cardamom Powder: ½ Tsp.
7. Cream: 2 Tsp.
8. Garlic Paste: 1 Tsp.
9. Ginger Paste: 1 Tsp.
10. Bread Crumbs: 1 Cup.
11. Lemon Juice: 2 Tsp.
12. Yogurt: 2 Tsp drained.
13. White Pepper Powder: ¼ Tsp.
14. Salt: 1 Tsp or as per taste.
15. Oil: For deep frying.
16. Lemons: 2 cut in to wedges.
17. Green Chutney: To Serve.
1. First of all wash the prawns.
2. Peel and devein them. Make sure tail is left intact.
3. With a paper pat the prawns dry.
4. Now in a bowl mix ginger paste, garlic paste, lemon juice, white pepper powder and salt.
5. Now take this mixture and rub it well on prawns.
6. Now Squeeze the prawns lightly to drain excess water.
7. Set it aside for 1 hour to marinate.
8. Now take the grated cheese and mix it well with drained yogurt.
9. To this add cream, chana dal powder, carom seeds & cardamom powder.
10. Now coat the prawns with this mixture and set aside for another 30 to 45 minutes.
11. Now in a separate plate mix sesame seeds and bread crumbs.
12. Roll the prawns in the crumbs and put it in fridge for 15 to 20 minutes.
13. Take a deep pan and heat the oil.
14. On medium heat, deep fry the prawns for 4 to 5 minutes, turning them once or twice.
15. Drain and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
16. Now deep fry them again for couple of minutes.
17. Drain on absorbent papers.
18. Serve hot with lemon wedges and green (Coriander / chutney) chutney
More Hubs From Me
- Pan Fried Chicken with Cilantro
Easy to make chicken dish. Loved by children and adults alike. Can be used as snack or main dish. Not only it is very tasty but also very healthy with very less oil used
- Prawns In Coconut Milk
Sea food is though not something we guys from New Delhi are used to but this is very popular in western coastal regions of India especially in state of Maharashtra. Being coastal area Prawn and coconut are in abundant supply there. One of very tasty
- Chicken Egg Fried Rice
This recipe is for both kids and adults. It is very tasty dish, easy to cook and is liked by both children and adults. This recipe contains egg, chicken and rice which are all liked by everyone including children. This dish is especially for those mo