- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
5-Ingredient Mango Salsa
Rate This Recipe!
How to Pick a Ripe Mango
About Mango Salsa
One of the things I love best about living in Florida is the fresh produce. I Think almost anything can grow right here. It can be a cook's dream. So it’s not unusual to walk into work and hear people talking about the huge carton of strawberries they scored the day before or the crate of mangos they just bought It is what makes me adore Florida.
When mangoes are in season and plentiful at the market, it’s hard to resist making a good mango salsa. It’s so easy and goes well with chips, fish, and chicken.
Health Benefits of Mango
Mangos are not only sweet and tasty but also good for you.
1. Lowers Cholesterol:
The high levels of fiber, pectin and vitamin C help to lower cholesterol levels, specifically Lipoprotein (the bad stuff).
2. Alkalizes the Whole Body:
The tartaric acid, malic acid, and a trace of citric acid found in the fruit help to alkali the body.
3, Improves Digestion:
Mangoes have enzymes for breaking down protein, The fiber in mangos also helps digestion and elimination.
4. Boosts the Immune System
The amount of vitamin C and vitamin A in mangos, help keep your immune system healthy
5. May help to prevent cancer
Research has shown antioxidant in mango have been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers.
One cup of mango has the following.
76 percent vitamin C
25 percent vitamin A
11 percent vitamin B6 plus other B vitamins
9 percent healthy probiotic fiber
9 percent copper
7 percent potassium
4 percent magnesium
1.If you have a latex allergy, a reaction is possible with mangos, because of anacardic acid.
2. Mangos are ripened by some sellers by using calcium carbide, which can cause health problems (another reason to buy organic). make sure to wash your mangos properly before eating.
3. Some people can be sensitive to mangoes since they belong to the Anacardiaceae family and are therefore a distant relative of poison ivy.
- 2 Mango, peeled, pitted, cubed
- 1/2 Red onion, peeled, diced
- 3 Tbsp Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 large Lime, can sub Lemon if you do not like lime, juiced
- 1-2 Jalapenos, seeded and diced ( leave seeds in to make it hotter)
- Put the diced mango, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro in a bowl. Toss with lime juice, mix well. taste.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If the salsa is too acidic for you, stir in some diced avocado, tortomato
- Allow to sit at least 30 minutes before serving.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Salsa Made With Fresh Tomatoes Recipe
This fresh tomato salsa recipe is made with ripe tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, onion, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Best Homemade Apple Butter Recipe
A Simple Recipe For A Slow Cooked Apple Butter That Everyone Will Love
- True Texas Chili
This is a recipe for a easy make at home true Texas chili, with no beans or tomatoes.