A Simple and Delicious Veggie Fried Rice
Veggie Fried Rice
Cooking is an art and adding an extra ingredient of love and affection to the recipe can do wonders. Rice items are my all time favorites and here is the recipe of a very simple and easy but still delicious Vegetable Fried Rice.
- 3 cups white rice
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 3-4 beans, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capsicum (bell pepper), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons black pepper powder
- 3-4 teaspoons or as per taste salt
For the special sauce:
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons red chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Wash rice and soak it for at least half an hour. This is done to speed up the cooking process. Once the rice is kept for soaking, we shall wash the vegetables and finely chop them.
- To make the special sauce, add dark soy sauce, red chili sauce, vinegar and sugar and mix it thoroughly till the sugar completely dissolves and forms a thick paste.
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a wok and to this add the soaked rice and saute it for 2 minutes. Now to this add water and some amount of salt and cook it. Please be sure not to overcook as the rice should not get sticky. Soon after the rice is perfectly cooked, keep it aside for cooling.
- Now add the remaining olive oil to a pan and saute chopped garlic and onion for a few minutes until it is light brown. Now add the chopped vegetables and black pepper powder to this and stir.
- Once the veggies are perfectly fried, add the cooled rice to this and mix well such that the veggies are spread evenly. Now add the special sauce to this and salt as per taste and mix finally. Switch off the flame.
- The simple and tasty Vegetable Fried Rice is now ready. Tomato ketchup would be a perfect combination with this. Enjoy serving and eating !!
If you love vegetarian recipes, please do try this out.
- Kerala Special Aviyal Recipe: A Very Healthy Dish Ma...
Vegetables are always healthy, and including one or two vegetables in our daily diet is highly recommended. So having a mixed vegetable side dish is a perfect choice to make sure we stay healthy. Here is a simple vegetarian side dish: Kerala Aviyal,
Simple and Delicious Veggie Fried Rice
Rate the Recipe
How about having a homemade cake this season ?
- An Eggless Tutti Frutti Cake Recipe: It's Christmas ...
Christmas season is right here !!! It is time to catch the aroma of baking cakes around us. Celebrations would be even more special if we could enjoy a simple and delicious homemade cake with our family. Here is a simple recipe for an eggless cake to
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 Heera