- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
A bowl of squash for all seasons YUMMY!
Answer to a question
Well, here I am again, writing about squash! I answered a question and was faced with another question, will you write a hub about this? I answered yes and discovered they meant --Right Now?
So here goes-the answer I wrote is somewhere below in a capsule of its own.
There are two in my home who enjoy squash- especially if I fine a recipe that is super yummy. I am sure all of you have tried the ones that don't turn out exactly to your liking.
Last summer we had a "bumper crop" of zucchini, so much I supplied the whole neighborhood until they refused to accept any more (or even open their door). Well, they probably think I took the hint since I have not offered any to anyone this year. NO, not the case. Our vines did not produce this year. It has been so hot that no one around has been able to share so we have had to buy all vegis this year.
Thank goodness for local farmers who know how to deal with the bad (good?) weather. The vegis at the farms and farmers markets have been tasty so I have been searching for recipes and this is some I have found that we really enjoyed!
Yummy bowl of Butternut squash soup!
- 6 tbl spoons onion, chopped
- 4 tbl spoons margarine
- 6 cups butternut squash, pealed & cubed
- 3 cupss water
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tsp dryed morjoram
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, ground
- 2 (8 ounce) pkg cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil: cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil
Honey roasted Butternut Squash
- Honey Raosted Butternut squash-yum, so good
A yummy recipe for Butternut squash that is quite easy to cook. Try it out on your family today!
- Squash are taking over my garden!
I have always had trouble trying to grow zucchini so this time I planted more plants hoping at least one would produce. Would you believe they all did and I supplied the neighbors until they all said no more! Zucchini are so basic you can make casser