- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Vegetable Ingredients
Honey Raosted Butternut squash-yum, so good
5 stars from me!
Butternut squash with Apples & Pecans
This is a very simple, quick side dish to whip up in a flash! I am excited to share it with you.
You need a stove to cook the squash!
- 1 lb Butternut squash, cubed
- 1 medium baking apple, pealed, cored and cubed
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (or more to taste) Honey
- Preheat over to 400 degrees. Place cubed squash and apple in an 8"x 8" backing dish. Add 2 TBL spoons water and roast, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes, or until almost cooked through.
- Mean while, in a small bowl, combine next five ingredients. Remove squash from oven, and pour honey mix over squash. Stir lightly to coat, Return to the oven for another 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and serve.
More hubs about squash, don't miss them!
- Squash are taking over my garden!
I have always had trouble trying to grow zucchini so this time I planted more plants hoping at least one would produce. Would you believe they all did and I supplied the neighbors until they all said no more! Zucchini are so basic you can make casser
- A squash for all seasons YUMMY!
Answering a question, turned into a new hub! Enjoy this Butternut Squash recipe!