- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Amazing Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Alright, so it's probably not the most amazing blueberry muffin recipe ever, but if you're in a pinch for time, these are the best homemade muffins you can bake! Blueberry muffins have long been a favorite of mine, so whenever I can find blueberries for a good price, you can be sure that muffins are on the menu. The pictures might lead you to believe that these blueberry muffins require a lot of time and effort, but the reality is quite the contrary. Using fresh blueberries and a few staple ingredients, these muffins can be enjoyed in a half an hour's time! If you've got some blueberries, it's about time to make some muffins.
Prep Time - 10 Minutes
Total Time - 30 Minutes
Yields - 6 Regular-Size Muffins
Easy Substitutions -
- No Baking Powder - Use two eggs. Results in a little bit denser of a muffin.
- No Egg - Use teaspoon baking soda in place. Use a bit more liquid.
- No Milk - Use water or soy/almond milk instead.
- Sunflower Oil - Any vegetable oil can be used.
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Blueberries
Crumb Topping -
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and lightly grease a muffin pan. If you're using paper muffin cups, there's no need to grease your pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, oil and egg into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Stir in the milk. The mixture should now be viscous, but still remain fairly thick.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries. Take care not to break any of the berries, or else they'll stain the entire mixture purple.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan. Fill each slot three quarters of the way full and try to ensure equal distribution of the blueberries! Firmly tap the bottom of the pan against the counter a few times. This releases any air bubbles trapped in the mix.
- For the topping, combine all the ingredients into a bowl, and with a fork, mix until 'crumbs' start to form. Divide and sprinkle even amounts on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 18-23 minutes, depending on how big your muffin tin is. Oversize muffins may need longer yet, like 25-27 minutes.
Normally, I'd tell you to wait a few minutes for them to cool off, but if you're like me and can beat the heat, go ahead and pop one out of the pan. They're delicious straight out of the oven! Thank you for reading my amazing blueberry muffin recipe. Your comments and feedback are always appreciated.
Great Berry Treats -
- Blackberry Ice Cream
With only three ingredients, you can count on this recipe being as fresh and tasty as possible!
- Blueberry Tarts
Want a way to enjoy the wholesome goodness of fresh blueberries? These tarts are a way to do so!
- An Easy Berry Dessert Tart Recipe
Fresh raspberries dot a homemade pastry filled with an apple 'whipped cream'.