- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Healthy and Delicious Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes With An Exciting Twist
Seriously the Most Delicious Pancakes EVER!!!
I have a confession to make. I don't really like pancakes...except for these! You might think that makes my opinion pretty bias. After all, how can I say these are really that good if I don't like other pancakes anyway.
Well, I actually have served these pancakes to a lot of people over the years, and it turns out that even the biggest pancake lovers on the planet fall in love with these after a bite or two. That means you don't have to take my word for it. You can trust the opinion of a lot of other people who have tried this recipe before you.
Whether you are a pancake lover or someone like me who wouldn't mind going without an extra stack at breakfast, you have got to try this recipe.
You will never be satisfied with any other pancakes again. At least that's what everyone I've shared this recipe with so far says.
If I haven't convinced you yet, I don't know that I will be able to, but seriously, I dare you to try these and see if they aren't the best pancakes you've ever had!
Some Extra Hints About This Recipe
The recipe you will see below is split up into two parts.
The first part of the recipe is basically a recipe for a delicious pancake mix that you can store for several weeks. Picture the bag of mix you buy at the store and keep in your pantry until you're ready to use it, only imagine a homemade mix with much more delicious results.
The second part of the recipe gives you the instructions for when you are actually craving some pancakes. They're basically like the instructions you would see on a bag of pancake mix telling you the ratio of water to dry ingredients.
Last but not least, there are two secret ingredients to these pancakes that make them especially delicious! Make sure you don't overlook them, because while the base recipe is good, it's really the secret ingredients at the end that make these pancakes a home run!
Healthy and Delicious Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes
- The following ingredients are for the base pancake mix that you can store and use later. Mix the dry ingredients and then cut in the shortening until evenly distributed., Store in an air tight container for up to 12 weeks.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour, you can use white flour, but it's not as healthy
- 3 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, or shortening if you don't have any
- 3 cups rolled oats
- This next part is the proportions for making the actual pancakes. :-) Get ready for the best pancakes ever!!!
- 1 1/2 cup pancake mix
- 1 cup hot unsweetened vanilla almond milk, you can use another kind of milk or hot water if you prefer
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 apple, grated (secret ingredient #1)
- grated cheese (you can use any kind, but sharp cheddar is our favorite)...the more the better, (secret ingredient #2)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, (you can vary this amount depending on how much you like)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla, (again this amount can vary to your taste)
- Mix the first set of ingredients on the recipe as directed in order to create a pancake mix that you can store and use whenever it is convenient.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups oat mix, 1 egg, and 1 cup of hot unsweetened vanilla almond milk and let it sit for about five minutes.
- If you're brave...and I hope you are, add in the apple, cheese, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Cook on a hot oiled griddle. You might want to cut through them a little bit to make sure that they are cooked all the way through. (These pancakes take a little longer to cook than the average pancake since the apples and cheese make them pretty thick, but it's well worth the wait.)
- Eat delicious pancakes and share this recipe with your friends!!!
Are you brave enough to load your pancakes up with apples and cheese?
The Perfect Food For Any Occasion
Whether you want to prepare breakfast in bed for Mother's Day, you have guests staying with you and want to impress them with a delicious breakfast, or you are just in the mood to have breakfast for dinner, these pancakes will be the highlight of your meal.
So what are you waiting for? Go mix up a batch of pancake mix. Cook up a few pancakes and store the rest of your mix in an air tight container so it will be ready and available next time you have a breakfast craving.