Appetizer Recipe: Grilled Eggplant with Ricotta Cheese
I was in the kitchen one day trying to come up with something creative and new to have for dinner and decided to try something I have never made nor tasted before - grilled eggplant with ricotta cheese. I added grilled tomato, grilled onion, sea salt, dried basil, and oil to the grilled eggplant. It turned out really good. It was so delicious that I ate a whole plate of it by myself. I hope to make this again next time I have people over my house. It will surely be a hit.
Below are step-by-step instructions on how to make this great appetizer... Happy cooking! Enjoy! :-)
- Medium Onion
- Dried Basil
- Take the baby eggplant, wash it under running water, dry with a paper towel and cut into thick round slices.
- Take a little bowl and mix sea salt with dried basil. Cover both sides of the eggplant slices with this mixture. Make sure to not put too much of it or the eggplant will be too salty.
- Pour some oil into another small bowl and using a basting brush cover both sides of the eggplant with the oil including the edges. Place the eggplant into a large plate and let sit for about five minutes.
- Turn on your electric George Foreman grill and heat it for 5 minutes. When the five minutes is up place some of the eggplant slices onto it and cook for three minutes. When three minutes are up turn over the eggplant slices on the other side and cook for another three minutes. When done remove onto a large plate.
- Peel a medium onion and cut into round slices. Place onto the grill and cook for three minutes on each side. When done remove onto a plate.
- Wash a few tomatoes and cut into thick round slices. Place onto the grill and cook for about three minutes. When done remove onto a plate.
- Place the grilled eggplant slices onto a plate. Then place one grilled tomato slice on top of each eggplant, followed by a few onion slices. Finally add about a teaspoon of ricotta cheese on top of each eggplant and sprinkle with dried basil.
- You are now ready to serve the appetizer. If all your eggplant will not fit on one plate then take a bigger plate or simply have two or more plates as needed. If you are serving this at a party having more than one plate may be more convenient. If you have leftover eggplant don't worry. It is great to it by itself as well.
Below are pictures of the appetizer recipe: grilled eggplant with ricotta cheese.
What to do with leftover eggplant?
When you make this recipe, if you find that you have leftover grilled eggplant don't throw it away. Simply cut each round slice into four pieces, then add some sliced scallion, and add your favorite oil (grapeseed, olive, etc.) and mix. It tastes delicious and actually creates another appetizer dish. If you'd like you can sprinkle some dried basil or dried parsley on top of it.
Another delicious eggplant recipe...
- Chinese Eggplant with Cheese
Chinese eggplant with cheese recipe. It is great as a side dish or an appetizer. It is very delicious and easy to make.