Ribs With a Rub Recipes
Rate Ribs with a Rub
Barbecued Ribs are delicious when grilled outdoors or slow cooked in the oven. Use a dry rub you have created or Famous Dave's Rib Rub and your ribs will burst with flavor!
Make The Rub
mix all ingredients in a small bowl
Remove the thin membrane from the back of 2 racks of Baby Back Ribs, 1 1/2 to 2 lbs each
Sprinkle the rub all over the ribs making sure you press the rub into the meat.
Wrap the ribs in saran wrap, refrigerate for 1-3 hours
Let the ribs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbs. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbs. Chili Powder
- 1 Tbs. Black Pepper
Grill The Ribs
Pour your favorite Barbecue Sauce over the top of the ribs (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
- brush it evenly over the ribs and cook over Indirect Heat for 20-30 minutes
- Flip ribs over and brush Barbecue Sauce on the underside of the ribs
- Continue to cook for another 20 minutes, flipping over midway through so the top of the ribs don't burn.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes before serving
Ribs with a Rub and Barbeque Sauce in the Oven
- Preheat Oven to 275 degrees
- With your finger tips work rub into ribs
- Place Ribs on foil
- Cover with another piece of foil and roll edges together tightly so juices do not escape
- Place on center rack and bake for 2 hours
After 2 hours remove Ribs from Oven
- Remove top layer of foil and release juices
- Cover Ribs with Barbeque sauce
- Broil for 10 minutes or until Ribs are browned
- Ribs should have an internal temp of 140 degrees