Beef with Marinara Pasta Sauce Recipe
This is a very easy dish to do and it's one of my son's favourites, so here it is for you to share with your family and for my son, Jamie in the hope that one day he'll move out and need this recipe (only kidding, you know I love you).
Honestly you need to try this to believe just how easy, delicious and filling it is, AND how it satisfies even the hungriest family making them smile, smile, smile ♥
500g Minced Free Range Beef
2 x 14oz / 400g cans of Plum Tomatoes
2 big fat juicy cloves of Organic
2 tsp dried Parsley
1½ tsp dried Italian Herbs or Oregano
2 tsp Sugar
A drizzle of Olive Oil or your favourite spicy flavoured Olive Oil
Sea Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Into your food processor add the 2 cans of tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 tsp of dried parsley, 1 tsp of Italian herbs (or oregano), 2 tsp of sugar, a small amount of the seasoning and blitz.
- Pour the contents of the food processor into a saucepan.
- Place over a medium heat and bring the sauce to a gentle simmer.
- While this is simmering drizzle some olive oil (flavoured or not, your choice) in a non-stick frying pan and place over a medium heat.
- Add the 500g of minced beef and stir until completely browned.
- Carefully transfer the browned beef from the frying pan to the sauce.
- Gently simmer the completed sauce for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Check the seasoning and add more if required.
- 10 minutes before your sauce is ready cook your pasta in boiling salted water as per the instructions on the packet. Make sure you use lots of water, if you find that your pasta is taking too long to cook it's normally because there's not enough water.
- When both the sauce and the pasta are ready, mix together, stir well to combine.
Serve with a sprinkling of grated parmesan cheese, some garlic bread and a mixed salad - buon appetito!