More Of the Best Christmas Dishes For Easy Cooking and Fun
- Split large dinner, Kaiser, or submarine sandwich rolls with a knife and brush with EVOO olive oil. Delicious with any good crusty-top roll. Try rye or pumpernickel. Onion rolls would be especially good.
- Alternate thin slices of turkey and cheese on one side.
- Top with Olive Salad and replace top of the roll.
- Makes 2 to 3 servings.
- If you like, heat through long enough to soften cheeses.
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped or sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cauliflower or brocolli
- 1 Tablespoon chopped green and red bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1 cup EVOO
- 1/3 cup vegetable or peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, oregano and coarsely ground fresh black pepper
Mix all the Olive Salad ingredients together in a quart jar and keep refrigerated.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease or cooking-spray two cookie sheets.
- Mix together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt until well blended
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy yellow.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add the dry mixture in slowly and stir until combined.
- Stir in the dried cranberries.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls or small icream-scooperfuls onto the baking sheets and be sure to leave 2 inches between cookies so they have room to spread as they bake.
- Bake until evenly golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to cooling racks.
- Serve with Strawberry or Lemon Ice Cream from your grocery, or make your own.
WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE!
You can use White Chocolate Chips or any flavored chips, like RASPBERRY.
- 1 cup white chocolate [or flavored] chips - mint choco-chips are good.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups half-and-half [or 2% milk to reduce fats]
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Vanilla whipped topping
- Thick candy cane or light peppermint sticks, some crushed over the tops and a whole stick in each glass.
In a heavy, medium size saucepan use medium heat and add white chocolate chips and heavy cream.
- Stirring continuously until all the chocolate chips melt, don't let the pot burn.
- Stir in the half-and-half or 2%, vanilla and peppermint extract.
- Stir until mixture is hot and delicious.
- Pour into mugs or thick glasses and top with a dollop of whipped topping and a candy stick. Crush some pepermint stick over the tops of each mug.
- A Mexican Christmas Menu
An appealing menu for the holidays, particularly for Christmas Eve Christmas Day often include the following Mexican recipes with a little zing...
- Christmas Holiday Recipes - Breakfast For Reindeer, Too!
Here are some Holiday breakfasts or anytime-snack treats ... even one for Santa's Reindeer.
- My Favorite Christmas Ice Cream Recipes
When Edy's Ice Cream discontinued their red pepper flavor, I learned to make it myself. It's easy and fun for Christmas. Mild and lightly flavored with cayenne, it pulls it flavor from a few spiced peanuts in a French Vanilla base.