Great Blender Recipes - Easy Breakfast Smoothies
Bamangocot Breakfast Smoothie
How a Blender Inspired me to Be Healthy
I am notorious for missing out on breakfast. I am always in hurry, don't have time to stop, sit down and eat and hate running out the door carrying a piece of soggy toast. This all changed recently when I was given a blender as a present. Suddenly with a bit of experimentation I have found the perfect solution for my busy lifestyle. A 'Bamangocot Smoothie'.
What's a Bamangocot smoothie? Well it's a combination of mango, banana and apricot blended together with yoghurt and oat bran to create a delicious, healthy, quick breakfast. Bamangocot smoothies are delicious, easily transportable and because they are so good for me I find I have more energy, don't crave a sugar or carb hit at 11am and I am even losing weight.
I think I have stumbled upon the perfect solution for my busy lifestyle, thanks to my new favourite kitchen accessory, my blender ;-).
Great, Cheap Blenders for your Smoothies
With a 60 ounce glass jar this blender is perfect for making smoothies for one or for the whole family. 3 standard speeds makes it easy to use, especially combined with the handy pulse function that gets ice cubes in motion. All this for under $50 means that this blender is perfect!
Only have yourself to look after in the mornings and will only be using your blender for smoothies? Then this blender with its built in travel jug makes it even more convenient to make your Bamangocot smoothies. Just fill with ingredients, blend, flip and pop the lid on. You're on your way to a healthy breakfast!
Quick and Easy Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 Banana, Make sure your banana is ripe
- 2 Canned Mango Cheeks, Fresh is better, but takes more time and is 3x the cost.
- 3 Dried Apricots, Add a natural sweetness
- 2 Tablespoons Oat Bran, Add fibre to your diet.
- 1/3 Glass 100% Juice, Can use fresh squeezed if available.
- 4 Tablespoons Low Fat Flavoured Probiotic Yoghurt, Great for your inner health.
- 1 Tray Ice Cubes, About 12 ice cubes.
How to Make the Perfect Breakfast Blender Smoothie
- Put the juice, fruit and bran in the blender. Blend these ingredients together first.
- With the blender on low, add the yoghurt and then the ice cubes 1 at time. This will make sure all the ice gets blended and you have a very 'smooth' smoothie.
- In a hurry? Chuck the lot in and blend for 30 seconds. Sometimes life is short and it's better to have a smoothie with a few bits of ice in it than skip one altogether. The smoothie will still score 6/5 on the 5 scale yumometer!
More Great Smoothie Ideas
- Blender Review and Recipes
Are you thinking of buying a blender but aren't quite sure about it? Well my advice is to wait no longer and buy one. Just over a month ago I was given a blender and my life has changed dramatically. Owning a blender has opened up a whole new world.
Healthy and Yum
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 2 g|
|Carbohydrates 90 g||30%|
|Sugar 48 g|
|Protein 13 g||26%|
|Sodium 106 mg||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|