- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Great Blender Recipes - Easy Breakfast Smoothies
Bamangocot Breakfast Smoothie
How a Blender Inspired me to Be Healthy
I am notorious for missing out on breakfast. I am always in hurry, don't have time to stop, sit down and eat and hate running out the door carrying a piece of soggy toast. This all changed recently when I was given a blender as a present. Suddenly with a bit of experimentation I have found the perfect solution for my busy lifestyle. A 'Bamangocot Smoothie'.
What's a Bamangocot smoothie? Well it's a combination of mango, banana and apricot blended together with yoghurt and oat bran to create a delicious, healthy, quick breakfast. Bamangocot smoothies are delicious, easily transportable and because they are so good for me I find I have more energy, don't crave a sugar or carb hit at 11am and I am even losing weight.
I think I have stumbled upon the perfect solution for my busy lifestyle, thanks to my new favourite kitchen accessory, my blender ;-).
Great, Cheap Blenders for your Smoothies
With a 60 ounce glass jar this blender is perfect for making smoothies for one or for the whole family. 3 standard speeds makes it easy to use, especially combined with the handy pulse function that gets ice cubes in motion. All this for under $50 means that this blender is perfect!
Quick and Easy Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 Banana, Make sure your banana is ripe
- 2 Canned Mango Cheeks, Fresh is better, but takes more time and is 3x the cost.
- 3 Dried Apricots, Add a natural sweetness
- 2 Tablespoons Oat Bran, Add fibre to your diet.
- 1/3 Glass 100% Juice, Can use fresh squeezed if available.
- 4 Tablespoons Low Fat Flavoured Probiotic Yoghurt, Great for your inner health.
- 1 Tray Ice Cubes, About 12 ice cubes.
How to Make the Perfect Breakfast Blender Smoothie
- Put the juice, fruit and bran in the blender. Blend these ingredients together first.
- With the blender on low, add the yoghurt and then the ice cubes 1 at time. This will make sure all the ice gets blended and you have a very 'smooth' smoothie.
- In a hurry? Chuck the lot in and blend for 30 seconds. Sometimes life is short and it's better to have a smoothie with a few bits of ice in it than skip one altogether. The smoothie will still score 6/5 on the 5 scale yumometer!
More Great Smoothie Ideas
- Blender Review and Recipes
Are you thinking of buying a blender but aren't quite sure about it? Well my advice is to wait no longer and buy one. Just over a month ago I was given a blender and my life has changed dramatically. Owning a blender has opened up a whole new world.
Healthy and Yum
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 2 g|
|Carbohydrates 90 g||30%|
|Sugar 48 g|
|Protein 13 g||26%|
|Sodium 106 mg||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|