Breakfast: English Muffin Sandwiches
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! Why? Because my day usually goes well when I relax, have a good breakfast, take my vitamins and start off with a smile. English Muffin Sandwiches are a great, simple meal to help get your day going!
For history sake, the word breakfast means, literally, to "break fast." This is a fitting way to describe the first meal of the day after a night filled with sleep but no food.
Now, while preparing this simple-to-make breakfast, don't forget to wash hands, any kitchen utensils and counter surfaces that come in contact with raw eggs.
- 6 Turkey breakfast sausage patties, Choose Pork Sausage if desired
- 1 Tablespoon Butter or margarine
- 6 Large eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup (2 ounces) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 6 English Muffins, Split, lightly toasted
- Cook sausage according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Crack eggs into skillet.
- Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes.
- Cover skillet; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until whites of eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Place sausage patties on each muffin bottom; top with one egg and close sandwiches with English muffin tops.
|Serving size: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat||207|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 23 g||35%|
|Carbohydrates 28 g||9%|
|Protein 23 g||46%|
|Cholesterol 278 mg||93%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Even though this is a great meal for breakfast, you can try it at lunch or dinner time. Make sure to add strawberries, melon, seedless grapes or other seasonal fruit. Enjoy!
© 2012. Dexter Yarbrough. All Rights Reserved.