Omelet with Bok Choy in Teriyaki Sauce
Omelets make for a filling breakfast that also can be healthy and delicious at the same time. With many varieties of omelet recipes you can make there is always something different to try.
A few days ago I came up with a healthy and delicious omelet recipe. It was an omelet with bok choy in teriyaki sauce. I have never prepared this before but after trying it out once I can say that I will be making it time and time again. It is that good I tell you! And healthy too!
Ingredients - 1 Serving
- 2-3 Bok Choy
- Few teaspoons Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Eggs
- Cooking Oil
- Less than 1/4 cup Water
- Take a few stalks of bok choy, separate each leaf and wash thoroughly under running water.
- Pour cooking oil into a skillet and place on medium heat. When heated place the bok choy leaves (unsliced) onto it and cover with a lid. Cook for a few minutes. Then add a little bit of water (less than 1/4 cup) and a little bit of teriyaki sauce (few teaspoons). Let cook for a few more minutes. Turn off heat.
- Crack two eggs into a bowl, and beat. Take another skillet or frying pan, pour some cooking oil and place over medium heat. When heated add the beaten eggs and cook till done. Be sure to cook the omelet on both sides. When flipping make sure that the omelet doesn't fall apart. If it does don't worry about it. The omelet is just more presentable when it's a whole round piece.
- When the omelet is done cooking, turn off the heat, and remove it onto a plate. Then place your cooked bok choy on top of the omelet and drizzle with the sauce from the pan. Enjoy!
You can serve this omelet recipe as it is or you can add things to it like some grape tomatoes or sausages. You can even shred some blue cheese or feta cheese on top of the bok choy if you desire.