- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
Best Grilled Breakfast Sandwich
How often do you find yourself running out the door without breakfast? Do you frequently buy a breakfast sandwich at a fast food drive-through window? Are you tired of the same old, boring breakfast food? If you'd like a quick, tasty meal that's easy to make, grilled paninis are just the thing for you.
In Italy "panino", or "little loaf of bread", is usually a ciabatta roll cut horizontally and filled with cured meat and cheese. In the U.S. and Canada, panini generally refers to a warm sandwich toasted on the grill. Popular since the 1980s, one of panini's virtues is its versatility. Depending on preferences and ingredients on hand, you can come up with many variations. You'll save money, eat well and your kids will love these sandwiches! A recipe for "The Classic", a basic bacon, egg and cheddar sandwich, is followed by variations so you can switch things up a bit. Enjoy!
Click Below For More Breakfast Ideas
- Homemade Bagels with Blueberry Cream Cheese are a delicious yeasted bread often eaten for breakfast.
- Serve Mini Bacon & Spinach Breakfast Souffles to start your day with a boost of protein.
- Heavenly Blueberry-Lemon Scones ,a non-yeasted breakfast bread, are a great alternative for busy mornings.
- Try Bircher's Swiss Muesli with a side of homemade English muffins for a healthy breakfast.
- Learn why Deluxe Cinnamon Toast is the best!
- If you don't have butter, try spreading bread slices with mayonnaise before grilling.
- Prep eggs and bacon the night before to get breakfast on the table faster.
- Purchase sliced cheese for quicker assembly.
- Layering the sandwich with cheese binds everything together.
- When seasoning the bacon, only sprinkle brown sugar on the second side. If you sprinkle it on both sides you'll risk burning.
The Classic: Quick & Easy Breakfast Panini
- 8 slices whole grain bread or 4 English muffins
- 8 slices bacon, thick sliced
- 6-8 eggs, extra large
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- cumin, freshly ground black pepper and light brown sugar, for sprinkling
- butter or mayonnaise, for spreading
- For the bacon, carefully place the slices in a skillet on medium-high heat. Sprinkle each slice with a pinch of ground cumin and freshly ground pepper. When bacon is sizzling and beginning to brown, flip and sprinkle with cumin, pepper and brown sugar on the other side. When bacon is cooked to your preference, drain on paper towels.
- Fry eggs according to preference. I prefer medium-well eggs so the yolk is still a bit moist but not runny.
- Prepare sandwiches: Butter two slices of bread on one side. On the unbuttered side of one slice, layer cheese slice, two eggs (cut to fit), two strips of bacon and another slice of cheese. Top with the other slide of bread, buttered side facing out.
- Place on a skillet or griddle heated to medium heat. When bread is golden and cheese is slightly melted, flip and grill on the other side.
- Serve sandwiches with fresh fruit and fresh-squeezed juice or coffee.
Add an egg, fried or scrambled, to the following delicious variations:
- Spanish chorizo
- Manchego cheese
- sliced ham
- swiss cheese
"My Sweet Paree"
- country ham
- thinly sliced pear
- brie cheese
- Canadian bacon
- American cheese
- fontina cheese
- Mexican chorizo
- farmer's cheese
- green chiles
- mozzarella cheese
- steamed spinach
- roasted red pepper
- pepperjack cheese