Buttermint Cookies Ancient Recipe With Real Peppermint Leafs
Buttermint Coookies Rare Treasure
I was lucky enough to hold onto many old recipes i'd say from about the 1930's. A lady from Church she cooks a lot and her mom did also and there must be about 8000 old school recipes that where given to me. I told my wife that we are going to keep them because I think they are probably a gold mine. There all done in alphabetical order and so many things to cook. I find it hard to ever be able to try them all unless you are a very busy cook. I hope you all enjoy and i'll be posting lots more of these ancient recipes.
- 12 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups unbleached white flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon peppermint leaves, minced
- Pinch of salt
- Cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg and extracts. Gradually mix in the flour. Stir in the minced peppermint and salt. The dough will be soft. Divide the dough into 3 parts. Using plastic wrap to shape the dough, roll each part into cylinder about 1 1/4-inches in diameter. Chill the rolls for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove the plastic wrap and slice the dough into 1/4-inch rounds. Place cookies on ungreased baking sheets and bake about 10 minutes, until cookies are light golden brown. Remove and cool cookies on racks. Yields about 4 dozen.
- Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwich
Soft chewy peanut butter sandwich cookies, enjoy two cookies at once filled with a yummy peanut butter filling. A easy recipe for peanut butter cookies filled with a creamy peanut butter filling.