Best Recipe for Caesar Salad
Enjoy Caesar Salad
Caesar Salad Recipe
For a delicious Caesar salad recipe, add these homemade croutons adding a lot of crunch and flavor to your salad. A little known fact about Caesar salads is that these salads originated in Mexico, and were served at many fine restaurants throughout the country. The original Mexican recipe is a little different than the American version. My recipe for Caesar salad is made without a raw egg and it still tastes wonderful-- If I must say so myself. I make a batch of this dressing every few weeks and mix it with a bunch of Romaine lettuce. I always add extra fresh Parmesan cheese to top off the salad.
Keep a few small tins of anchovies when you get a yen for Caesar salad.
Remember to Grate the Cheese
Ingredients for Caesar Salad and Croutons
- 8 Cups Romaine Lettuce
- 4 slices sour dough bread
- One Cup Olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Water
- One small can Anchovies with oil
- 1/2 Cup Canned parmesan cheese
- Two large garlic cloves Garlic clove for dressing and croutons, Chopped fine
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil for bread cubes
- One Tablespoon Basil
- One Tablespoon Oregano
- Fresh parmesa cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Some Ingredients for a Caesar salad
Instructions for Caesar Salad Dressing and Croutons
- Wash romaine leaves thorougly and dry.
- Break the romaine into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Leave the sourdough bread out to get slightly stale
- Cut the bread in cubes.
- Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil with a little salt and pepper, and brown the cubes on both sides. Set the cubes aside.
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, water, garlic clove, spices, can of anchovies (with the oil) and parmesan cheese in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add cubes and dressing to the romaine lettuce and mix until all the lettuce is covered. You may have left over salad dressing which will keep in the refrigerator for a week.
Serve up this salad with croutons with hot crusty sourdough bread.