Caprese Salad with cucumber and tomatoes
Please rate this dish!
A Caprese Salad with a twist
This is a delicious fresh Caprese salad. You can prepare this vegetarian style only or add some meat for a more Carnivorous meal. Even adding pasta will make it a great summer side for a picnic or BBQ. It is very light, but equally filling.
We like to add meat or pasta to make it larger when serving as a side dish, and to give it more texture, which is not traditional, but gives it a unique twist! However, when you add meat or pasta you should double up on the oil and vinegar to keep the flavor consistent.
This salad is often served best during warm summer months because it is so refreshing. If you're not a big fan of avocado, you can leave that out!
- 2 Cucumbers
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Avocado, Diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Salami or chicken (optional), chopped
- 1 cup Pasta (optional), cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups Fresh mozzarella cheese, balls or cubed
- Wash your cucumbers and dry them off well. Cut into 1/4 inch slides then quarter those again. This will leave you with triangular-shaped cucumber pieces.
- Wash and dry the tomatoes, and cut those into quarters
- Dice the avocado, and cube the fresh mozzarella if needed
- If you are adding pasta, prepare that now. You can use any pasta you like, we usually use Penne. Drain the pasta well.
- If you are adding any kind of meat, such as salami, or chicken, chop that now.
- Place all your ingredients into a large bowl, pour on the oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and salt and pepper, mix thoroughly.
- If you have added pasta, it tastes best if chilled for an hour in the refrigerator. If you have not used pasta, serve immediately for the freshest taste.
50 Pasta Salad recipes
More great recipes to try!
- Best ever Asian Salad!!!
This is the best ever Asian Salad! This salad is so easy, simple, and delicious!
- What to do with Kale? How about a nice Kale and Mang...
This is a really unique salad, it's sweet, it's bitter, it's light, and it's really good for you!
- Greek cous-cous salad!
A delicious salad that compliments Gyros. Fresh, vegetarian and light!
- How you can make your own Japanese Ginger Salad Dres...
If you've ever been to a Hibachi restaurant & had the salad they serve, then you know how yummy Ginger Salad can be! This is my knock-off version, now you can make it easily at home.