- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Greek cous-cous salad!
Greek cous-cous salad
This is a great salad that pairs very nicely with Gyros. It's light, refreshing, and the ingredients are forgiving, you don't have to add everything in the ingredient list, especially if there are particular things you don't like. This side makes plenty for everyone and it's great on a hot day, or for outdoor gatherings!
Add Gyros, hummus and pita chips for an appetizer and viola, a great Greek meal.
Flag of Greece
- 4 cups/32 oz plain cous-cous, cooked, drained, cooled
- 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can chick peas/garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 cup red onions, chopped into fine pieces
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, diced into small pieces
- 1 cucumber, chopped and quartered
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (add more to taste preference)
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1-2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
How to prepare
- cook cous-cous as directed. Drain, and put into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine, oil, juice squeezed from lemon, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk.
- Chop and cut remaining items as listed in ingredient list, and add to cous-cous bowl. Mix well.
- Add whisked concoction to cous-cous bowl, stir well. Serve immediately, or chill for an hour then serve.
Greek Village Salad
- Greek Food-Village Salad. Fresh, delicious, flavorfu...
A fresh, delicious salad for your next gathering!
© 2013 Rebecca