Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe
A perfect recipe to welcome spring!
This carrot ginger soup recipe is so quick to cook up and can be made from scratch in as little as 30 minutes.
- 4 cups sliced carrots (~8-10 medium carrots; 12-15 small carrots)
- 3 inch piece ginger root (peeled & thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- Peel & cut all carrots into 1 inch pieces
- Peel ginger and slice thinly
- Add cut carrots & sliced ginger to medium pan
- Add 4 cups water to pan
- Boil carrots and ginger until soft, approximately 20 minutes
- Remove from heat
- Using an immersion blender, blend carrots, ginger, & broth until smooth
- Stir in soy milk
- Serve & Enjoy
Eat Your Carrots
Carrots are a root vegetable, typically grown in cooler weather during the early summer or fall time. Besides being sweet, crunchy, & delicious, carrots are packed with nutrition, including:
- healthy antioxidants
- vitamins A, C & K
- calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron & zinc
- dietary fibers
Ginger Quiz: Did You Know?
- Ginger has been utilized since ancient civilization for its anti-inflammatory, anti-flatulent, and anti-microbial properties.
- Studies have shown that ginger may reduce nausea caused by morning sickness, in pregnant women, or motion sickness.
- Ginger root is low in calories and cholesterol-free, but is a good source of vitamin B6, potassium, copper, & magnesium.
More Recipes by Veggie-mom
- Creating the Perfect Stir-Fry Dinner with Vegetables
Creating a stir-fry dinner is a quick and nutritious choice after a long day and the combinations are endlessly delicious. Just choose some vegetables, protein, rice or noodles, sauce, and enjoy!
- Quiche with Quinoa Crust: Your Going to Love this Healthy Alternative
This protein packed quiche recipe has eliminated the most fattening ingredient of a quiche, the crust, and replaced it with a super-healthy and delicious alternative, quinoa.
- What to Do With Tofu: Creative Ways to Prepare Bean Curd
Tofu is a great source of protein and a very versatile ingredient that can make many traditional recipes into a vegetarian delight. Read my hub to discover some new ways to cook with tofu and share some of your own ideas in the comments below.