- Food and Cooking
Carrot Pudding Recipes
How to keep yours carrots fresh and crisp
When you get home from the store, wash carrots thoroughly in cold running water.
- Place cleaned carrots in plastic container.
- Fill contained with cold water until carrots are conmpletely covered.
- Place lid on container and store in refrigerator.
- Change water every 4 days.
Note: This will keep your carrots fresh and crisp for at least 2 weeks.
The Healthy Uses of Carrots
- Carrot soup calms the bowels and slows down bacterial development making it a good home remedy for diarrhea.
- Carrot seeds (1 tsp per cup of boiling water) is believed to be a diuretic, stimulate the appetite, reduce colic and fluid retention and help alleviate menstral cramps.
- Carrot juice helps relieve stress, fatique and will cleanse and energize your body.
- Raw carrots (grated) can be used for it's antiseptic properties can be used for wounds, cuts and inflammation.
- It is also said that shewing a raw carrot immediately after eating can kill all the harmful germs in the mouth, cleanse your teeth, prevent bleeding of the gums, and tooth decay.
Carrot Pudding Recipe #1
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup peeled and shredded potatoes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
In a large mixing bowl, combine carrots, potatoes, sugar, raisins, flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, all spice, and ground cloves.
Transfer mixture to a clean 1 pound coffee can.
Secure wax paper over the top and place the filled can in a large pot with 2 to 3 inches of water.
Cover the pot and bring the water to a simmer.
Steam the cake for 2 hours. Serve warm.
Buttery sauce :
In a medium-size pot, combine butter or margarine, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Heat until the mixture is liquid. Spoon mixture over the warm carrot pudding to serve.
Carrot Pudding Recipe #2
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups suet
1 1/2 cups raisins
1 1/2 cups currants
1 1/2 cups grated carrots
1 1/2 cups grated potatoes
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
Mix all ingredients together.
Fill pudding mold to 2/3 full.
Steam for 3 to 4 hours.
Serve with hard sauce.
Hard Sauce Ingredients:
1/3 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Directions for hard sauce:
Stir in sugar and vanilla.
Store in cool place until ready to use.
Note: There are freeze dried artifical suets and canned artificial suets that can be used instead of the real thing.
Carrot Pudding Recipe #3 (Crockpot Version)
4 large carrots, cooked and grated
1 small onion, grated
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup milk
3 eggs, beaten
Mix together all ingredients and cook on high in crock pot for 3 to 4 hours.
Carrot Pudding Recipe #4 (Baked Version)
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup grated parsnips
1/2 cup melted butter
1 1/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Combine carrots, parsnips, and butter.
Sift together dry ingredients and add raisins.
Combine the two mixtures.
Pour into greased casserole dish.
Bake for 1 hour.
Serve warm topped with whip cream.
Hubs About Carrots
- Pickled Carrot Recipe and Pickled Squash Recipe
If you live or have spent much time in the southern part of the United States, you know that
- Easy Brown Sugar-Glazed Baby Carrots Recipe
2 pounds baby carrots; peeled 2 tablespoons of brown sugar 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter A few dashes of salt black pepper; to taste In a large saucepan, bring enough salted water to a...
- Consider Adding Carrot Greens to Your Family Recipe ...
I have been trying to get to the farmer's market more often lately. Of course the produce is much fresher, and it's also less expensive. I'm always looking for new ways of stretching the food budget. It's...
- An Irish Classic, Mashed Carrots and Rutabaga. This ...
An Irish classic, this recipe tastes great, much better than it sounds, and it's even better on the second night when fried up with bacon!
- Carrot Cake And Carrot Muffins
INGREDIENTS 4 eggs 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil 2 cups white sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking soda 2 teaspoons baking...
- Carrot seed oil: the aromatherapy and health benefit...
The light, woodsy smell of carrot seed oil makes it a good base for natural perfumes, but it also has many interesting healing properties. Carrot seed oil is safe for use both internally and on the skin, and it can also be used in a diffuser for rest
- Savory Christmas Carrot Soup
This is originally an Irish carrot soup, with a bit of red bell pepper added for color and a slightly different flavor, and disallowing the sugar, which makes it too sweet for my taste. For another bit of...