Cheesy Beer Soup Recipe
This is a secret Rosehill family recipe, and my brothers may disown me for sharing it with you! Really it is that good. I'm sure you've come across some interesting beer/soup recipes, but I assure you that once you taste mine, you'll be googling my name for more of my soup recipes.
- 6 ounces shredded American cheese
- 6 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 slices pumpernickel or rye bread
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 level teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 large can (about 14 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice bread. Slice your bread into 1/2 inch cubes, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Stirring occasionally, and remove from heat when crisp.
- Combine water and cornstarch. Mix together in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Add onion, butter, thyme and garlic to a 3 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in beer, cheeses, and paprika.
- Reduce to low heat.
- Whisk in milk and the cornstarch mixture.
- Stir. Stir until the cheese melts, and the soup begins to bubble and thicken.
- Serve.Ladle into bowls, top with your homemade croutons and enjoy!
You May Also Be Interested In....
- How To Make Beef And Beer Soup
If you love beer you'll be happy to know it's not just for drinking. Beer can also be added as a flavor enhancing ingredient to many delicious recipes. One of my favorite uses for beer (besides drinking it...