Cheesy Enchilada Casserole
Cheesy Enchilada Casseroles
A Twist on a Mexican Favorite
This casserole is a combination of Mexican cuisine with an American twist. It incorporates ground beef, taco seasoning, salsa, tortillas, and ooeey-gooeey cheese. This delicious casserole is great served as is or topped with lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, and sour cream. It can be served with black beans or refried beans on the side.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 jar taco sauce or salsa
- 3 cups mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Brown hamburger meat and onions. Drain off the excess grease.
- Mix meat with taco seasoning according to package directions and let simmer about 10 minutes until the liquid thickens.
- Cover bottom of greased casserole dish with 6 corn tortillas. Layer with 1/2 meat, 1/2 salsa, then 1/2 cheese. Cover with remaining 6 tortillas and repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 - 40 minutes.
- Serve with Mexican salad -- guacamole, pico de gallo, lettuce, sour cream, refried beans, jalepenos, black olives. Delicioso!