Chicken Breasts With Goat Cheese: A Winning Combination
This excellent recipe for chicken breasts is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. The lemon in the sauce and the sun-dried tomatoes complement the stuffed chicken breasts for a flavor that's out of this galaxy. It's a recipe you'll want to use again and again.
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2-3 ounces chevre
- 4-5 sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, sliced into 1/4
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Gather all ingredients, kitchen tools & equipment together. (Recommended equipment: Chef's knife, cutting board, citrus zester, citrus juicer, measuring cups & spoons, small saute pan, 6"x8" baking pan with lid.)
- Using your chef's knife, cut a pocket in each chicken breast. Coat saucepan with cooking spray and heat (medium-high heat). Sear chicken breasts on each side until browned (approximately 2-3 minutes per side.)
- Season breasts with salt & pepper. Place in baking pan coated with cooking spray and cover. Set aside.
- Use wine to de-glaze saucepan. Add butter, allow to melt. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- Stuff each chicken breast with 2-3 tablespoons of chevre. Place remaining chevre on top of chicken breasts (this is optional). Drizzle breasts with sauce, cover and place in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy your chevre-stuffed chicken breasts!
Extra Tips for this Recipe
This dish is excellent when served with pasta. Add some steamed broccoli or sauteed spinach and a nice, green salad for a balanced meal. This recipe is quick and easy to prepare but your guests will think you spent hours slaving over the stove.
You may use dried basil as a substitute for fresh but there will be a substantial loss of flavor.
The sauce is tart, test it and thin it out with a little water or chicken stock if it's too tart for your taste.
Fun Chicken Quizview quiz statistics
- Rosemary-Lemon Chicken
Another great baked chicken recipe.