Rosemary-Lemon Chicken: A Low Fat Recipe
Baked chicken seasoned with rosemary is a spectacular meal. This recipe amps up the rosemary and uses lemon zest to create an explosion of flavor for your taste buds. This dish uses a bare minimum of oil and will make it's own sauce during baking--you don't have to do a thing. I recommend serving this chicken with a brown rice pilaf and steamed broccoli. It's a quick, healthy meal that's easy on your pocketbook. This recipe is formulated for leg/thigh combos but you can use boneless chicken breasts (reduce cooking time to 45 minutes.) You may double or triple the recipe at your discretion if you'd like to have leftovers for lunch or if you want to serve it as a dinner party entree. I'm sure it would be a big hit!
- 2 pieces of chicken, leg & thigh combo
- 1/4 cup lemon, juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4-5 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cooking spray as needed
- Set your oven temperature to 350 degrees. Gather all cooking utensils and ingredients.
- Wash lemon and remove zest. (You may use a vegetable peeler for this but a citrus zester works best.) Set zest aside.
- Chop rosemary leaves until they are very finely minced. Add zest to minced rosemary and mince/mix it together. Set aside.
- Use aluminum foil to line a small sheet pan. Coat with cooking spray.
- Place chicken onto foil. Season with salt and pepper & spray with oil. Coat chicken completely using the rosemary/lemon zest combination.
- Place uncovered sheet pan in oven. Set your timer for 45 minutes. Clean and sanitize your work area.
- Use a juicer to extract the juice from the lemon.
- When the timer goes off, remove chicken from oven. Drizzle chicken with lemon juice. Bring the ends of the foil together (or use an additional piece of foil) to cover the chicken.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes, until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Enjoy your Rosemary-Lemon chicken!