Recipe for Tasty and Easy Chic Pea Curry Dish
Chic Pea Curry
Chic Pea Curry
Another delicious vegetarian option that's nice and easy to make for the family. It can be served with rice, quinoa, pasta, potatoes or other style of vegetable, whatever takes your fancy really. It also works well as a snack by itself or by adding something else as a main meal at lunchtime or at dinner.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5ml/ 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 5ml/ 1 tbsp ground coriander, (cilantro)
- 1.5ml/ 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1.5ml/ 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 15ml/ 1 tbsp water
- 25g/ 1 oz/ 2 tbsp low-fat spread
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 10ml/ 2 tsp curry paste
- 228g/ 8 oz/ 1 small can chopped tomatoes
- 430g/ 15.5 oz/ 1 large can chic peas (garbanzoz), drained
- 60ml/ 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- salt and pepper
- a few torn coriander leaves
- lettuce leaves
- lemon wedges
- 1 packet pilau rice
- Mix together the garlic and spices with the water.
- Melt the low-fat spread in a saucepan and add the onion. Fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the spice mixture and the curry paste. Fry for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and the chick peas and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Spoon on to warmed plates and garnish with the torn coriander leaves, lettuce leaves and lemon wedges and sprinkle with the desiccated coconut.
- Serve with pilau rice.
|Serving size: 1/4|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This was a very simple dish to make and required very simple equipment too. Here's what I used to make chic pea curry:
Very simple and very tasty.
Other Recipe Ideas
- Bobski's Quick and Easy Recipes
This lens is going to be dedicated to my favorite recipes of all time. The recipes will range form starters, to main courses, side dishes, hot and cold desserts, salads, flavored rice, cooking for 1 - 12 people. You name it, it'll probably be up here