Chicken Biryani Rice Recipe.
Biryani is a famous Indian cuisine. Biryani is made from rice and meat and care should be taken to have a long grain basmati rice. The basmati rice belt is in the part of Haryana between Delhi and Chandigarh. The rice which qualifies to be called as Basmati is grown only in this region of the world and rice grown anywhere else can not be called basmati rice. The Basmati rice has beed declared as best rice in the world and has a very nice aroma and taste when made properly. Chicken Biryani is basically Hyderabadi cuisine of India. Soon the Biryani got mixed with all kind of cuisines of India. In the Chicken Biryani it is made from best of chicken and best of rice. It is a complete meal and mouth watering. Children just love it and though it has so many herbs as ingredients but it is not that difficult to make.
1. Chicken: 3½ pounds / 1½ Kg of chicken.
2. Basmati Rice: 1 pound / 450 grams.
3. Plain Yogurt: 10 fl Oz / 300 ml.
4. Milk: 5 Fl oz / 150 ml.
5. Desi Ghee: 6 Tbsp.
6. Red onions: 2 sliced.
7. Ginger: 1½ Tsp fresh finely chopped.
8. Garlic: 1½ Tsp fresh finely chopped.
9. Garam Masala: 1 Tsp.
10. Saffron Strands: 1 Tsp.
11. Red Chili Powder: 1 Tsp.
12. Ground Turmeric powder: ½ Tsp.
13. Salt: 2 Tbsp.
14. Cinnamon sticks: 2
15. Cardamom pods: 5 crushed.
16. Black peppercorns: 4
17. Black Cumin seeds: 1 Tsp.
18. Green chilies: 4
19. Lemon Juice: 3 tbsp.
20. Cilantro / coriander leaves 3 Tsp finely chopped.
Method Of Prepration
1. Skin the chicken and cut it in to 8 pieces.
2. Keep aside.
3. Take a bowl.
4. In the bowl add ginger, garlic, garam masala, red chili powder, cardamom powder, turmeric powder.
5. Add 1 Tbsp of salt.
6. Mix well.
7. Add yoghurt and mix well.
8. Add chicken and mix well. Make sure all sides of each piece of chicken is fully covered with the yoghurt mixture.
9. Cover the bowl and keep it in refrigerator for 3 hours.
10. Take a small pan.
11. Boil milk and pour over saffron strand and keep aside.
12. Take a large pan.
13. Heat Ghee.
14. Now add sliced onions in it and cook till golden brown.
15. Take half of this onions and ghee and put in a separate bowl.
16. Now take a pan.
17. Add water.
18. Put rice, cinnamon sticks, peppercorns and black cumin seeds in water.
19. Bring the water to boil and remove from heat when rice are half cooked.
20. Drain the water and then in a bowl add 1 Tbsp of salt in rice.
21. Chop chilies and set aside.
22. Now add the chicken mixture in a pan containing onions.
23. Add half of chopped chilies, cilantro leaves, lemon juice and saffron milk.
24. Add rice.
25. Now add remaining ingredients including the half of onions and ghee.
26. Now cover the pan tightly.
27. Cook on low heat for one hour.
28. By this time the chicken would have been cooked through.
29. If chicken is not cooked through then cook for few minutes more.
30. Serve hot.
1. if ghee is not available you can use vegetable oil or any other oil.
2. Don’t over cook chicken.
3. Use good quality of saffron.
4. Always use long grain basmati rice.
Would you want to try this dish?
More Hubs From Me
- Fish Tikka Recipe
Fish tikka is one of the authentic Indian cooking. This dish is definitely Punjabi and since there is no sea near Punjab so only fresh water fish is used in this dish. Fish Tikka is famous now in all over India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and in parts of wo
- Chicken Korma Recipe
Chicken Korma is a very tasty dish from South of India and since it is from South India so it is full of calories. If you are not watching your weight then you should try this dish. Very tasty and this dish is little dry in consistency as compared to
- Chicken Egg Fried Rice Recipe
This recipe is for both kids and adults. It is very tasty dish, easy to cook and is liked by both children and adults. This recipe contains egg, chicken and rice which are all liked by everyone including children. This dish is especially for those mo
- Kadai Gosht Hussainee Recipe
Gosht is mutton in hindi or urdu. Mutton is usually made from lamb or goat. Mutton is a very popular dish in India among meat eaters. Usually in west the mutton is used for the meat of lamb who is less than one year old and after that it is simply ca