Kadai Gosht Hussainee Indian Recipe.
Gosht is mutton in hindi or urdu. Mutton is usually made from lamb or goat. Mutton is a very popular dish in India among meat eaters. Usually in west the mutton is used for the meat of lamb who is less than one year old and after that it is simply called meat. In India we call all meat of goat or lamb as mutton. This recipe needs boneless meat and it should come from the thigh of the goat or lamb. Also make sure that the meat doesn’t have much fat on it. Also the fat should be white because with age the fat on the meat start getting yellowish. The only difference between meat less than one year old and more than one year old is that it needs more time to cook the older meat to make it tender. Care should be taken not to overcook the meat.
Kadai is a special pan and a whole lots of recipes get their name from it because they are made in it. The dishes with kadai name on it don’t have much curry. They are usually dry or have very little curry like this recipe.
1. Boneless Meat or Mutton: 1 Pound / 500 grams cut in to 1 inch cubes.
2. Yogurt / Dahi: 1 Cup.
3. Red chili powder: 1 Tsp.
4. Coriander Powder: 1 Tsp.
5. Salt: As per taste.
6. Onions: 7
7. Green Chilies: 4 longitudinally slit in to 4 parts and deseeded.
8. Ginger: 3 inch piece chopped.
9. Garlic Cloves: 12 chopped.
10. Oil: 2 Tbsp.
11. Cumin Seeds: 2 Tsp.
12. Mustard Seeds: 2 Tsp.
13. Crushed coriander seeds: 3 Tsp.
14. Warm Milk: 3 Tsp,
15. Saffron: 1 pinch.
16. Kasoori Methi: 1 Tsp.
( dried & Crushed leaves of fenugreek)
17. Green Cardamom Powder: ½ Tsp.
18. Capsicum ( Bell Pepper): 1 large green cut in to 1 inch pieces.
19. Tomato: 2 large cut in to 1 inch pieces.
20. Coriander/ cilantro: 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped to garnish
To make almond paste:
1. California Almonds: 20
2. Cream: 3 Tbsp
Soak the almonds in water for 3 hours and then peel them. The outer layer of almonds comes out easily with hands once they have been soaked for 3 to 4 hours or overnight depending upon how cold weather is. Now grind it in to a paste in blender or with help of grinder. Add cream in to it and mix well.
1. In a big bowl put the yogurt, red chili powder, coriander powder along with salt and mix them well.
2. Add mutton and in this mixture and make sure mutton is well mixed with the mixture.
3. Now refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes. ( it is best if kept overnight).
Warm the milk and put saffron in it so milk absorbs all the flavor and colour of saffron.
1. Take 4 onions and cut them in to slices.
2. Chop remaining onions in to 1 inch cubes.
3. Now take a kadai ( a heavy base deep pan) and heat the oil in to it.
4. Now put the sliced onions in to it and sauté them till they are light brown.
5. When the onions are sautéed then add to it green chilies and sauté for about 30 seconds.
6. Now add chopped garlic and chopped ginger and sauté till the onions are golden brown.
7. Now add to it crushed coriander seeds. Stir it for half a minute.
8. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds and again stir for half a minute more.
9. Now take the mutton out of refrigerator and add to this mixture along with marinade.
10. Now let it heat for 2 minutes on low heat.
11. Add 4 cups of water and increase heat and bring the mixture ot boil.
12. Cover the Kadai ( pan) and reduce the heat to simmer or very low.
13. Cook till the meat is very tender and make sure excess water has been evaporated.
14. Now increase heat to high and add almond paste.
15. Cook for 2 minutes and then lower the heat.
16. Now add the saffron milk in it.
17. Sprinkle the crushed kasoori methi.
18. Add cardamom powder.
19. Mix well.
20. Add onion and green capsicum cubes and stir for about 2 to 3 minutes.
21. Add tomatoes and stir for another minute or so.
22. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
23. Serve it hot with Roti or bread.
1. Remove the paper thin membrane on the meat before cooking.
2. Make sure the meat is not from very old animal.
3. Whisk the yoghurt mixture before adding mutton to it.
Does this recipe look tasty enough for you to want to make it.
More recipes from me
- Pomfret Recheiado
ndia has a huge coast line and 3 side of India is covered by sea. Thus sea food is very popular in west, south and east of India. India has a very big variety of sea food with countless varieties of fishes from very small fish to big game fish and It
- Gulkand Gulab Jamun
Indians are very fond of sweets and usually after each meal they look for sweets. Since there is such a hugh demand for sweets in India. Every region of India has specialized food cuisine and every cuisine has lot of delicious sweets. Gulab jamun is
- Tandoori Bell Pepper
Tandoor is an Indian cooking earthen pot which is heated with charcoal or wood to a high degree and it roasts the dishes to a distinct aroma and taste. If you don’t have tandoor , you can also use an over to roast the ingredients. Bell pepper is easi
- Kashmiri Lamb Chops Recipe
The Kashmiri lamb chops is one of the specialty of the region and most Kashmiri people are very fond of lamb and mutton. These lamb chops are cooked in a very unique way as first they are boiled in milk and they are fried. Boiling in milk makes them
- Rogan Josh Recipe
Rogan Josh is the most famous of the Kashimiri cuisine. Kashmir is the northern most part of India and it is supposed to be the most beautiful place on earth. This dish has a very nice aroma which invokes feeling of hunger inside you and dish is equa