- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Crunchy Chicken Radish Salad Recipe: Healthy Weight Watchers Diet
Delicious and Healthy Chicken Salad!
Are You Watching Your Weight? Trying to Loose a Few Pounds?
Adding Healthy Fresh Radishes to your diet is a great idea since radishes are are rich in ascorbic acid, folic acid, and potassium.
If you are on a Diet, Watching your Weight or you just want to Start Eating Healthy, this is a great recipe that is Big on Taste but Low in Fat!
Radishes are also a good source of vitamin B6, riboflavin, magnesium, copper, and calcium.
Grilled Chicken Breast is a light and healthy meat that is packed with protein.
This recipe is Healthy, Delicious and Filling!
If you are following a Weight Watchers Diet Plan, this Recipe Has a Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value of: 6
|Serving size: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 5 g||2%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 23 g||46%|
|Cholesterol 57 mg||19%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- 3 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
- 3 Tablespoons Red-Wine Vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Bunch (1/2 lbs) Fresh Radishes, Trim and Slice
- 2 Cups Chicken Breast, Cook and Shred
- 1/2 Cucumber Fresh Cucumber, Peeled and Slice Thinly
- 1 Celery Stalk Fresh Celery Stalk, Slice Thinly
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil, Slice Thinly
- 3 Tablespoons Red Onion, Chopped Finely
- 2 Cups Baby Salad Greens
Weight Watchers Cookbooks
Fresh and Healthy Radish!
Rate This Crunchy Chicken Salad Recipe!
Crunchy Chicken Salad with Radishes Recipe Instructions
- Heat a Small Skillet over Medium-Low Heat
- Add 3 Tbsp. of Pine Nuts and cook. Shake skillet frequently until Pine Nuts are Browned (about 5 minutes)
- Transfer the Browned Pine Nuts to a Plate and allow to cool completely.
- Whisk 3 Tbsp. Red-Wine Vinegar, 4 tsp. Olive Oil, 1/4 tsp. Salt, and 1/4 tsp Black Pepper in a Large Bowl.
- Add 1 Bunch (1/2 lb.) Trimmed and Sliced Radishes, 2 Cups of Cooked and Shredded Chicken Breast, and 1/2 Thinly Sliced Cucumber, 1 Thinly Sliced Celery Stalk, 1/2 Cup Thinly Sliced Fresh Basil, 3 Tablespoons of Finely Chopped Red Onion. Add the Cooled Pine Nuts and Toss to Mix.
- Add 2 Cups of Baby Salad Greens, Toss and Serve!
Eat Healthy and Live Longer!
If you want to be Strong, Healthy and Fit, you will most likely Live Longer!
Proper Exercise and Watching what you Eat is an important part of maintaining physical health. When you eat and sleep right you will also benefit and you will have a Balanced Immune System and a Healthy Body and Mind.
Your Health is your Most Important Asset in Life.
Without your health you can not work or earn income. Your medical expenses will add up and if you die young, your family will be without you, and you will have missed out on the best years of your life!
Quick Tips for Staying Healthy:
- Don't Smoke or Hang In Smoke Filled Environments.
- Exercise Regularly but Don't Overdue It!
- Take a Daily Multivitamin* (Consult your doctor)
- Get at Least 8 Hours of Straight Sleep per night.
- Don't Intake a Lot of Caffeine!
- Reduce Stress...
- Meditate, Do Yoga or other Proactive Mind-Body Exercises
- Eat a Healthy Balanced Diet
- Stretch Several Times per Day
- Choose the Stairs instead of the Elevator!
- Drink Plenty of Water.
- Avoid Sugary Foods and Drinks (some fruit juices have a lot of sugar!)
- Read Nutrition Labels!
- Many people ruin their diet because of one bad ingredient such as too much sugar, salt or fat and cholesterol in a single food item.
- Plan your Shopping List; Only Get What You Need!
- Don't Shop when you are Hungry; Your Brain will tell you to get Fatty and Sugary Foods.
- Don't settle for Quick Snack Fixes! Create a Healthy and Nutritious Meal!
- Eat to Be Full, Not to Be Happy!
- Many people eat for pleasure; you should eat to Live!
- Eat Slowly...your Mind will catch up with your Stomach!
- Eat Several Small and Healthy Portions per day.
- Avoid too much Starch.
- Empty Calories Build Fatty Deposits! (this includes high calorie beer and sugary mixed drinks!)
- Watch Your Snacking Between Meals!
- Snack Healthy; Choose Fruit and Vegetables
- Visit Your Doctor at least Once Per Year for a Checkup*
- Listen to His or Her Advice!
If you take control of your life and make good decisions, you will benefit by enjoying your life with less stress and anxiety. Always think twice before making an eating choice. Eat Healthy, Live Long, Love Life!
If Your Conscience is Telling You No, Listen to It!
Additional Healthy Recipes and Articles
- How To Make Healthy Fresh Spring Salad Summer Rolls With Shrimp Rice Paper Cambodian Nam Chow Recipe
Many Asian cultures eat Spring Rolls (often called Salad or Summer Rolls) but this recipe comes from Cambodia, Southeast Asia. You can add shrimp or omit it depending on your desired taste. Simple. Delicious. Healthy!
- How To Make Honey Glazed Chicken: A Khmer Southeast Asian Recipe
Traditionally, this dish is cooked in an earthenware pot. These pots are usually hand-made in the Kampong Chang region. The pot is placed in a small barbecue to add a smoky flavor to the dish. The herbs and spices...
- Cambodian Khmer Southeast Asian Food: Cooking Asian Cuisine Recipe Collection
This article is a collection of Southeast Asian Cambodian (Khmer) Recipes. These recipes are delicious, healthy and easy to make!