Chicken recipes-easy Chicken Florentine
Easy Chicken Florentine
Rate this recipe!
This Chicken Florentine...
Chicken Florentine is traditionally a casserole with chicken, shrimp, or fish served on a bed of greens, such as spinach and covered in a rich and creamy white sauce flavored with garlic and Italian spices, then topped with mozzarella cheese.
This particular recipe is not your traditional Chicken Florentine, but it is absolutely delicious and very easy to make. You can use shrimp, and it is very forgiving in how it is prepared.
Give this recipe a try! It turns out with a beautiful blend of flavors and textures that will surprise and delight your palate!
Some of the ingredients
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, Pounded with a meat tenderizer
- 1 1/2 cups White cooking wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups Flour
- 3-4 tablespoons Butter
- 2-3 Garlic gloves, diced
- 1 medium onion or shallots (shallots if you like it sweeter), diced
- Choice... 10 oz frozen spinach or kale, or parsley, Fresh and chopped
- 2 cups Noodles (your choice), cooked as directed
- 1 cup heavy cream
Chicken, every day of the year!
- Tenderize your thawed boneless chicken breasts. Put your flour into a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Coat each chicken breast with mixture. Dice your onion or shallots and garlic. Using shallots as opposed to onion will make the dish slightly sweeter.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of butter in a large pan, allow to heat to a medium temperature. At this time, also prepare your noodles as directed. If you are using spinach or kale saute them now in another pan over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of butter (about 3-5 minutes), if using parsley-skip this step.
- Add the chicken and brown on both sides for about 5-7 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan, add another tablespoon of butter and then add your diced vegetables, cook those for about 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Then add the white cooking wine and de-glaze the pan. This will take about 5-8 minutes. The wine will cook off and evaporate and the onion or shallots and garlic will become a thin sauce.
- Add your heavy cream and allow this to come to a simmer. Once simmering put the chicken back into the pan and cook for about another 3-5 minutes.
- At this point you remove the chicken and serve over fresh greens such as sauteed kale or spinach. Or you can skip that and use chopped parsley. If using parsley add this to the sauce now and stir again on medium to low heat for about a minute, the sauce will become thicker.
- If you did not use parsley, plate the chicken over the sauteed greens, add sauce to the noodles and over top of the chicken. Serve with broccoli or other fresh veggie. Enjoy!
Browned chicken breasts
Sauteed onion and garlic
White wine to de-glaze
Heavy cream to create sauce
Chicken added back to sauce
Fresh parsley added to sauce
Other recipes you may enjoy
- Making 3 meals with 1 rotisserie chicken
3 meals can be made from one $4-$5 chicken....
- Fennel Potato soup with ham!
Creamy, delicious, healthy, and oh so filling! Fennel potato soup with ham!
- Extra Fancy Spaghetti & Meatballs with Mirepoix (Mee...
Fancy French Spaghetti & Meatballs, this recipe is full of flavor and healthy veggies. Not your average tasting meatball meal! The ingredient list is extensive, but well worth the work!
- Joe's Crab Shack Hot Crab Dip copy cat recipe with r...
A scrumptious cheesy real crab meat crab dip. Great for an appetizer. This is a copy cat recipe of Joe's Crab Shack Crab Dip
© 2014 Rebecca