- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- East Asian Cuisine
Chinese Stir-Fried Chicken With Mango Recipe. How To Stir-Fry Mango !
Mango is a tropical fruit native to South Asia. Its one of the most propagated fruit in the word. You can easily find this stone fruit everywhere. As a versatile fruit, we use unripe mango for making salad, pickle or chutney, rojak/rujak (Indonesian/Malaysian fruit salad); while ripe one is used in cooking such as dessert, juice, lassi, or even eaten raw. But in China, mango is served in stir-fries.
Here is a fabulous dish to fix, a popular dish in Hong Kong: stir-fried chicken with mango. Unlike chicken with mango from your local Chinese buffet or Chinese take out restaurant, this is an easy, quick and healthy one. The chicken is not coated with batter and deep-fried, but 100 % stir-fried. Thus it is low in fat. This will be an unforgettable dish for everyone. Stir-fry is really a best method to enjoy mango. When its cooked in quick and intense heat, it release the natural sweetness and sweet fragrant.
This dish will be a winner at your dinner table. Sweet, juicy and fragrant mango is a nice counterbalance to savory, succulent chicken. What you need is sweet and ripe but firm mango to transform old boring chicken dishes into a marvelous one.
What You Need
Serves 2 - 4
12 oz boneless chicken meat, thinly sliced
1 ripe firm mango peeled and slice into 1/4-inch thick pieces
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1/2 cup thinly slices onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tbsp minced ginger
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/3 cup chicken broth
3 tbsp cookin goil
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp Chinese rice wine
2 1/4 tsp cornstarch
2 tbsp egg white, light beaten
Cooking Tools You May Need
How to Fix
- To make marinade: combine egg white, 2 tablespoon of cornstarch, 1 tbsp rice wine, and 1/4 tsp of salt. Then add chicken pieces. Stir to combine. Make sure the cornstarch is dissolved with no visible clump. Add 1 tbsp cooking oil. Stir to combine. Marinade for about at least 30 minutes.
- To make sauce: combine chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, 1 tbsp rice wine and 1/4 tsp cornstarch.
- Heat 1 qt of water in a saucepan. Bring it to boil. Then add 1 tbsp cooking oil. Low the heat to gently simmer. When the water is stop simmering, add the chicken pieces. Gently stir it to unclump. Cook just until the chicken turns opaque but not cooked through. This will take no more than 1 minute. Drain the chicken in a colander. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or skillet over high heat. When hot add 1 tbsp cooking oil, ginger and garlic. Cook until they are fragrant. Then add onion and bell pepper. Stir-fry about 1 minute. Make sure the bell pepper are just almost tender-crisp. Add chicken and 1/2 tsp of salt. Pour in the sauce mixture but make sure to restir it before. Continue to cook for about 1 minute or until chicken is cooked through. Last add the mango and rapidly stir-fry to combine and coat with the sauce. Turn off the heat. Transfer to serving dish.
Cooking Tips: How to Cut Mango
Easy and Quick Chinese Recipes
- Easy Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Tofu Recipe. How to make Chinese Stir fry!
- Easy Stir-Fried Eggs and Tomatoes Recipe. How to Make Easy Chinese Stir-Fry!
- Stir-Fried Garlicky Shanghai Bok Choy. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
- Stir-Fried Chinese Beef Curry Recipe
- Chinese Stir-Fried Shrimp With Sichuan Peppercorn Recipe
- Stir-Fried Asparagus with Spicy Sichuan Sauce Recipe. How to Cook Chinese Style Asparagus!
- Stir-Fried Water Spinach (Ong Choy) With Fermented Bean Curd Recipe. How To Make Vegetarian Stir-Fri
- Stir-Fried Yu Choy Sum With Oyster Sauce And Garlic Recipe
- Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
- Chinese Stir-Fried Clams With Bean Sauce And Chili. How to Stir-Fry Clams !
- Chinese Stir-Fried Lettuce With Garlic Recipe. A Quick And Easy Chinese Auspicious Dish.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Bean Sprouts With Bean Sauce Recipe. An Easy Vegetarian Dish