Dessert & Snack Recipe: Delicious Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cupcakes
Cupcakes are something commonly made around my home, and it's no wonder with so many types of cupcakes that you can make; red velvet cupcakes, lemon cupcakes, cupcakes filled with jam, so many possibilities. Cupcakes can be made for many special occasions with unique cake designs and cupcake flavors to match.
These little Devil's Food cupcakes were frosted with a delicious whipped vanilla frosting and filled full of warm caramel, melted chocolate and chopped pecans.
These are very rich and not for the faint of heart! Just don't make the same mistake I did by placing these delicious treats on a black cake plate; it took away from the cupcake. Whereas if I had used a crystal serving platter it'd have turned out nicer. Live and learn
Melt or Syrup
Now, you could go about this the slower method by melting chocolate in a double broiler to use in place of chocolate syrup or melting caramel pieces instead of syrup that you put on ice cream, but I find this method is faster.
I also find that the syrup method creates a richer flavor.
However, I do use real caramel and chocolate when baking a full turtle cake like this as using ice cream syrups would defeat the being frugal on a project so large.
Simply Designing with Ashley Phipps: How to Melt Chocolate for Dipping provides an excellent source for a melting chocolate tutorial if you really want to go that method.
Over at Coupon Clicking Cook there is a nice Funny Face Caramel Apple recipe that teaches how to melt caramel candies that can be used (and has been used by myself if I have time) for this recipe as well.
The syrup method is just for those in a hurry and want something fast!
Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cupcakes
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist Devil's Food Cake Mi
- 1 container Betty Crocker Whipped Vanilla Frosting
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cup water
- Pecan pieces
- Chocolcate Syrup
- Caramel Syrup
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place white paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make cake batter as directed on box for cupcakes, using water, oil and eggs.
- Fill each cup evenly then bake according to cake mix directions or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- While baking take your chocolate and caramel and mix together in a small bowl with half of your pecan pieces. Set aside.
- Once cupcakes are cool enough to hold, take a small knife and cut a dime size hole in the top, cutting down half way into the cupcake.
- Gently lift cake out and set aside (keep intact!). You will be left with a small hole.
- Taking a small teaspoon, slowly spoon a portion of the chocolate caramel and pecan mixture into the hole.
- Cork the hole with the the cake you removed earlier and gently press level across the top of your cupcake.
- Repeat steps 6-8 on all the cupcakes.
- Smooth the fluffy, whipped vanilla frosting over the top of cupcakes. (A thick layer is best to avoid chocolate cake bits)
- Drizzle chocolate and caramel over the top of the cream cheese covered cupcake and then sprinkle remaining pecan bits on top of that.
Other Geat Cupcake Recipes
- Colorful Rainbow Tie Dye Cupcakes: Weddings, Parties, Holidays and more!
One bite and your kids (or wedding guests!) will be surprised at the beautiful colors found inside! So pre-heat that oven and get started. Don't forget the tall glass of milk!
- Lemon Cupcakes With Lemon Frosting
A simple to follow recipe for lemon cupcakes, filled with lemon sauce and topped with lemon buttercream.
- - Cupcakes & Fairy Cakes -Recipes - Baking Mad
Baking Mad Christmas Cupcakes Cupcakes & Fairy Cakes Recipe - These cupcakes are perfect for a party, for Christmas Day, or even as a gift for someone.
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe | Raspberry Frosting Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod
Dark chocolate cupcakes with a smooth and creamy raspberry buttercream frosting.
- Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe - Joyofbaking.com *Video Recipe*
Red Velvet Cupcakes are so striking with their brilliantly red color that is topped with lovely swirls of cream cheese frosting. With Demo Video
- Peanut Butter + Honey Cupcake Recipe - A Beautiful Mess
You asked for it! Here's Emma's recipe for Peanut Butter + Honey Cupcakes... Emma's Vanilla Cake, makes 24 cupcakes. Ingredients: 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 2 cups sugar, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract,.