- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Eclair Dessert Cake
Chocolate Eclair Cake
A Simple Dessert that is Simply Delicious
This cake was made in an attempt to replicate the exquisite taste of a chocolate eclair in more simple way. It involves pudding, graham crackers, cool whip, milk, and chocolate frosting. Normally eclairs are a pastry dessert filled with cream and covered on top with confectioner's sugar. The confectioner's sugar dries and glistens on top, which is one theory on how the eclair gots it's name. Eclair is French for lightening and some people think they got their name because the "glisten" on top. Eclairs were thought to have originated in France in the mid 19th century, although very little is known of the actual origin. They were supposedly created by Marie-Antoine Carame, a chef to the royals.
Give it a try. I think you will find this dessert to be melt in your mouth good.
- 1 box graham crackers
- 1 small box vanilla pudding mix, instant
- 1 small carton whipped topping, frozen but thawed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can chocolate frosting, whipped ready to use kind
- Mix the pudding mix with the milk. This will be your topping. Blend well.
- In a 9x13 casserole dish, layer whole sheets of graham crackers on the bottom. Top with vanilla pudding topping. Alternate layers until all the pudding is used (about 3 or 4 layers). End with graham crackers on the top.
- Top the last layer of graham crackers with chocolate frosting.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours prior to servings. Yummy!