Easy and Simple Chocolate Macaroons
These Macaroons are delicious and very easy to make. I tend to make these when I have some left over egg white to save on wastage. They can be a bit messy however they can be great fun to make with kids.
These are a great compliment to chocolate mousse puddings or brilliant on their own.
After they are made they need to be stored in an air tight container for a maximum of 2-3 days. Though I am sure they wont last that long.
- 2 Egg Whites
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 40g Cocoa Powder
- 180g Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with greaseproof or baking paper
- Mix togther the egg whites (not beaten) with the ground almonds, icing sugar and cocoa powder. This should form a sticky mixture that binds easily
- Fill a large bowl with cold water to keep your hands wet while working the mixture. Keep dipping your hands while handling the mixture to stop the mixture from sticking to you
- Work the mixture into small walnut sized balls (approximately 25), though if they are irregular shaped or different sizes it really does not matter
- Arrange these on the baking tray, evenly spaced to ensure they dont amalgamate. Bake them in the preheated oven for 12 minutes
- After the 12 minutes they look underdone however once cooled they are beautifully sticky and crispy.
If you enjoyed making those, why not try these...
- Cherry Bakewell Cup Cakes
These Cup Cakes can be a bit demanding to make, however once mastered they are delicious. They are very popular with firends and family and go very well with a cup of tea. Unsalted Butter,Caster Sugar,Self Raising Flour,Large beaten eggs,baking...
- Sponge Cake. Simple and All in One
This cake could not be simpler and is particularly great for people afraid or new to making sponge cakes. All the ingredients go into the bowl and mixed together, there are no separate steps, it is literally that simple. Two cakes can be made and...
- Chocolate Butter Biscuits
These tasty small biscuits can be quite fiddly when first attempted. Once mastered however are delicious, moreish and popular with everyone. Chocolate chips can also be added to make these double chocolate biscuits and even more delicious. If...