- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Christmas Cookies: Candy Cane Kiss, Holiday Hug Blossoms
Looking for an interesting new treat for the Christmas season? These little treats will be a hit and definitely be requested at the next Christmas party you go to. I use my own homemade sugar cookies and give them a little "hug and kiss" and a dash of festive color for a Holiday theme.
There is a Candy Cane Blossom variation out there that uses Candy Cane Kisses by Hershey's Kisses brand to create a pretty red and white candy cane effect on the top that tastes minty, but I prefer using the cookies and cream Hershey's Hugs to give them a special twist with my own sugar cookie recipe.
Leave a plate of these out for Santa with a glass of cold milk and I can almost guarantee you will have lots of goodies under your Christmas tree this year!
- 1 bag Hershey's Cookies and Cream Hugs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- red sugar
- green sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove wrappers from 35 candies roughly.
- Beat butter, vanilla, sugar and egg in large bowl until well blended.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in red and/or green colored sugar. (Vibrant cookie note: If you want your Christmas cookies to really have a lot of color after rolling them up, mold them again into a ball making sure to work the colored sugar into the dough. After the sugar and dough is mixed, roll again in sugar for outer layer.) Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies is set. Remove from oven -- cool 2 to 3 minutes.
- Press candy piece into center of each cookie. NOTE: Be quick about this or you risk breaking the cookie (I did this to a couple cookies my first time testing this recipe)
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely and display them on a platter, or put them in a festive Christmas cookie jar!
More Holiday Recipes
- Easter Egg Cake Pops Recipe
Spring is here and it's time to get out the candy sprinkles, pastel sugar and try this Easter egg cake pops recipe for the children to snack on while the adults hide eggs for the big Easter egg hunt.
- St. Patrick's Day: Shamrock Green, Irish Sugar Cookie Recipe
These tasty green shamrock sugar cookies will be devoured quickly by your family and friends on St. Patrick's Day. Take some green sugar crystals and make the magic of the Emerald Isles come to life!
- St. Patrick's Day: Cakes and Cupcake Ideas and Recipes
A St. Patrick's Day holiday party will be filled with the luck of the Irish if you include these tasty cakes and cupcake ideas and creative recipes that celebrate the Emerald Isle. Let's go green!
- 50 Holiday Cookies Santa Will Love | Dashrecipes.com
Christmas would not be complete without colorful festive treats to celebrate the season From the classic peanut butter cookie to a no bake chocolate dipped shortbread we have treats that will satisfy Santa s every possible cookie craving...
- Peppermint Pecan Candy Cane Blossoms - Cookies Recipe - Food.com
I combined two recipes found on the Andes and Hershey's websites, to create these super yummy candy cane blossoms - cookies! Perfect for the holidays, and beyond. Enjoy!