Classic Margherita Pizza
About Margherita Pizza
I think everyone loves a good classic margherita pizza, there is something about the simple fresh tomatoes, mozzarella.and basil on the perfect crisp crust that is just heaven. I only make this pizza with fresh tomatoes and basil from my garden and fresh mozzarella, but if you do not have the time or the option to do so you can use store bought pizza crust, tomatoes, basil and packaged mozzarella cheese. Just remember to keep it simple and as fresh as you can that is what makes a margherita pizza so good
Margherita Pizza Poll
Have You Ever Had A Margherita Pizza?
- 1 Pizza Crust, homemade or store bought
- 1 thing Pizza sauce, Homemade or store bought
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh mozzarella, sliced into thin rounds
- 1-2 Fresh Tomatoes, sliced, or chopped ( whatever you prefer)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Cornmeal , for stone
- 1 Pizza stone
- Heat oven to 475, place pizza stone in oven and let it get hot.
- Roll out pizza crust until it is 10 inch round. drizzle with a bit of olive oil on top and rub on the dough.
- add sauce, tomatoes, cheese, and basil to the pizza crust.
- Remove stone from oven, sprinkle with cornmeal. Place pizza on stone. ( warning stone will be very hot be very careful here)
- Put the stone with the pizza on top in the oven and bake 10-12 minutes. Until cheese is melted and crust is brown ( if you have a pizza board build the pizza on it and slide the pizza on to the stone instead of removing stone from oven)
Pizza Margherita with crust and sauce recipe. I love This Recipe
Need A Pizza Stone?
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
A easy Buffalo Chicken Pizza that The family will love.
- Healthy Marinara Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes
A Quick And Healthy Marinara Sauce With Fresh Tomatoes, And Other Fresh Veggies.
- How To Make Homemade Pasta Noodles With Recipes And Sauces
An Easy to Make homemade pasta with out a pasta machine and two sauces to go with.
- Fresh Pineapple Chicken Recipe
Chicken made with fresh pineapple, ginger and orange. A family favorite. With Health Benefits of fresh pineapple, and a how to buy and cut guide.