Quick and Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Pot Pie
As a child my mother made Chicken Pot Pie at least 2 times a month. I have always had a love for Chicken Pot Pie but my mother's recipe was not a very good one. When I got older and had children of my own I decided to create my own recipe for this family favorite.
- 1 Pound Chicken Breast or Thighs, Shredded or chunked
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Can Veg-all
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- 1 Box Refrigerated Pie Crust, (2 per box)
- Put one of your store bought pie crust in your pie pan and pre-bake for 10 minutes.
- Boil chicken until done and either shred or chunk (I prefer shredded). Mix cream of chicken soup, milk, veg-all, seasonings and chicken. Dump into pie crust. Cover with the other pie crust, seal, and cut slits for ventilation.
- Bake at 350 until golden brown or approximately 30 minutes.
Occasionally, if I remember to plan ahead I will double my filling and freeze half of it. That way if I get busy during the week between baseball practice and karate I can toss this into my refrigerated pie crust and dinner is ready in 30-40 minutes with very little prep.