Couples Cookbook - Pork Loin in Sour Cream Sauce Freezer Cooking Recipe
Rate this Pork Recipe
My Pork in Sour Cream Sauce Recipe
Freezer crockpot cooking is when you pre-prepare all your ingredients, sauces, etc and freeze them in large zip lock bags, so they can be added to a slow cooker on the morning you want the meal without having to do any prep. This is especially great if your working all day and don't have time to sort the food before leaving for work, but still want a home prepared meal in the evening. It really takes the stress out of cooking. Just spend 1 evening preparing all the meals and they are done for the next week, fortnight or even month at a time.
Me and Jon, my husband, have just started trying out this method of cooking and have found it great. Healthy home made meals every evening when we get back from work without all the effort is brilliant. We are eating far better than before, wasting a lot less and saving money! You only prepare enough food for the 2 portions, so no waste and less over eating too. Plus buying larger quantities of ingredients is often cheaper than smaller portions, but if your making 2 weeks worth of food in 1 go you need the larger quantities.
This recipe is actually one of my own. I am very much a make it up as I go along cook, so I often just see what I have in the house and throw it all in the slow cooker and see what happens. Luckily it usually works. This recipe was definitely one of our favourites. I often find that most recipes are made for families of 4 or more, so finding recipes suited to couples can be hard going. We aren't too go at eating left overs and the ingredients for 4 people often cant easily be halved for 2 - 1 can of this, 1 packet of that. But doing crockpot cooking this way means you can make more than 1 batch of a recipe and you wont end up wasting anything. To start with we tried 5 recipes I had found online and made 2 portions (for 2 people) of each. So I had 10 evening meals sorted and it only took around 1 hour to chop, prepare and bag everything up.
I hope you like this recipe for Pork Loin in Sour Cream Sauce recipe as it is a simple, hearty, fulfilling recipe that is fairly healthy at around 234 calories each (before rice or couscous).
What You'll Need
- 4 Pork Loins, Fat removed
- 1 Red Pepper, Deseed and chopped
- 1 large White Onion, Peeled and chopped
- 3/4 pint Stocked, Veg stock works best
- 150 ml Sour Cream, not needed until day of cooking
How to make Pork in Sour Cream Sauce
- Add a little oil to a pan and fry the onions until just starting to brown. I find it best to place them on a piece of kitchen roll for a few minutes to get rid of the grease before adding them to the other ingredients
- Then you can bag up the loin, peppers, onion and stock and freeze it until you are ready to cook
- This recipe can be cooked from frozen, so you can just dump it into the slow cooker on the morning you want to cook it. (If you want to defrost before, just take it out the night before and place in your fridge)
- Heat on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 7-9
- 30 minutes before you want to serve add the sour cream and stir in well to combine.
- Serve over rice or couscous or with potatoes and Enjoy!
Get your self a slow cooker now!
My other Crock Pot Recipes
- Slow Cooker Recipes - Lamb with Figs Recipe for the ...
A great ethnic recipe for Lamb and Fig Tagine made in the Slow Cooker. This rich dish is great served with couscous, and will be a brilliant way to get new ingredients into your kids. The lamb is very tender thanks to the slow cooking and the dish is
- Slow Cooker Recipes - Best Sausage Casserole Recipe ...
The best, most filling sausage casserole/cassoulet recipe for the slow cooker. Yummy and fairly healthy, guaranteed to be a big hit with all the family.
- Perfect Pulled Pork Recipe for the Slow Cooker
I swear to you this slow cooker recipe is the easiest recipe ever. It really is fool proof I promise! And it is so yummy, the whole family will be fighting over the last bits.
- Couples Cookbook - Teriyaki Chicken Freezer Crockpot...
Freezer crockpot cooking is a great new method of preparing and cooking healthy meals. This Chicken Teriyaki recipe is perfect for busy working couples.