Couples Cookbook - Teriyaki Chicken Freezer Crockpot Recipe
Freezer Crockpot Cooking
I recently discovered the idea of freezer crockpot cooking. Sometimes you can just be too busy to cook a proper meal, even with my crockpot I sometimes just don't have the energy to prepare the veg and stuff before I got to work. But I love my crockpot and the idea that I can come home from work to a nice, healthy home cooked meal. The other problem we have is that we are a couple, and most recipes seem to be for a family of 4, as are the size of ingredients - add 1 can of this, 1 jar of that - it ends up too much food for 2, and I'm useless at remembering to eat left overs. With this method you prepare multiple meals at once, so you have almost no waste.
So freezer crockpot cooking is perfect for busy working couples (obviously these recipes can just be doubled for families too). You prepare all the ingredients and mix all the sauces etc, then place them all in large zip lock bags, and freeze them until the day you want to cook them. The great thing with freezer crockpot cooking is that you can prepare a load of meals in 1 go and have healthy evening meals for a whole fortnight or even a month!
You can find lots of recipe ideas online via Pintrest or blogs, or you can try some of your own favourite crockpot recipes to see if they will freeze well. I will be posting my recipes as I try them out as part of my Couples Cooking Series. For our first attempt we tried 5 different recipes and made 10 meals in total. It's kept us going for 2 weeks (we don't eat evening meals on Friday and Saturday as Jon works late into the night)
This is the first recipe we fancied trying, and it turned out great. Super tasty and the perfect portion for 2 people.
Rate this recipe
Pictures to make you hungry
- 2 large Chicken Portions, Cubed
- 1 small can pineapple chunks, or just slice rings up
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 crushed/1tsp garlic cloves/lazy garlic
- 1 large red/yellow/orange pepper (your choice), chopped
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 3 medium Carrots, chopped
- 2tsp Cornflour
How to make Teriyaki Chicken in the Crockpot
- Heat a little oil in a pan and brown the onions.
- Add all the ingredients (except the corn flour) to a large zip lock sandwich bag and shake to mix. Then freeze until you want to cook it.
- It can be cooked from frozen or you can thaw it out first by placing in the fridge the night before.
- Throw the lot in your slow cooker, heat on high for 4 hours or low for 8.
- While you cook some rice or noodles to serve it with, add 2tsp of cornflour to 8tsp of cold water and mix well. Add this to the teriyaki chicken and mix in, this will help thicken the sauce. Heat on high for a further 10 minutes then serve
My other crockpot recipes
- Couples Cookbook - Teriyaki Chicken Freezer Crockpot...
Freezer crockpot cooking is a great new method of preparing and cooking healthy meals. This Chicken Teriyaki recipe is perfect for busy working couples.
- Couples Cookbook - Pork Loin in Sour Cream Sauce Fre...
Freezer crock pot cooking is a great new method to help you eat more healthy home prepared meals when you just dont have time to cook. This is a great pork recipe meat for couples!
- Slow Cooker Recipes - Lamb with Figs Recipe for the ...
A great ethnic recipe for Lamb and Fig Tagine made in the Slow Cooker. This rich dish is great served with couscous, and will be a brilliant way to get new ingredients into your kids. The lamb is very tender thanks to the slow cooking and the dish is
- Perfect Pulled Pork Recipe for the Slow Cooker
I swear to you this slow cooker recipe is the easiest recipe ever. It really is fool proof I promise! And it is so yummy, the whole family will be fighting over the last bits.
- Slow Cooker Recipes - Best Sausage Casserole Recipe ...
The best, most filling sausage casserole/cassoulet recipe for the slow cooker. Yummy and fairly healthy, guaranteed to be a big hit with all the family.