Creamy Alfredo Sauce
My family loves this sauce! I make some kind of Alfredo dish at least once a month. Super simple and fast.
Normally I am not a person to measure out ingredients, I just eye ball most things. Even with this sauce, so don't worry if you put a little to much of anything, or not enough of another thing. its fine. I have learned to just have fun while cooking, don't over think it and it will all start to just come to you. :)
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Butter
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Garlic powder can also be used
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- pinch Salt
- In a medium sauce pan over low/ medium heat, add the butter and garlic. Allow butter to melt before moving on. Stir almost constantly.
- Add in cream, salt, and pepper, bring to a simmer. Do not allow to rapidly boil (sauce will easily boil over). Continue to stir.
- Next add the Parmesan and simmer for another 8 minutes or so until sauce has thickened. Stir occasionally.
- You can now add the sauce to pasta.