- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Pies & Tarts
How To Make The Perfect Pumpkin Pie
As the holidays roll around again both Thanks Giving and Christmas pies are arriving to dinner tables. Left over pumpkins make great Christmas pies and the recipe below is one that I myself have made many times. It goes best with whipped cream and has it's place as the center piece of any dessert table. So if you want to make your family scream for more take the recipe below and whip up a great pumpkin pie!
1/2 of a pumpkin
1 pie crust
1/2 of a teaspoon of salt
2 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
1 cup of evaporated milk
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of flour
1. Cut pumpkin in half and take out seeds. Place cut side down on a cooking sheep covered with greased metal foil.
2. Place in oven at 335 fahrenheit for 30 - 35 minutes, or until the half of pumpkin is softened.
3. Allow half pumpkin to cool down until just slightly warm. Scoop soft pumpkin flesh out of the outer peel. Mash softened pumpkin or use blender to create puree pumpkin.
4. Rise oven temperature to 445 Fahrenheit.
5. Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the brown sugar, flour, salt, two cups of the softened pumpkin, pie spice, and the evaporated milk. Mix the contents together very thoroughly.
6. Empty contents from bowl into the pie crust.
7. Cook in oven for 9 minutes at 445 degrees Fahrenheit, then decrease the oven temperature to 345 Fahrenheit.
8. Cook in oven for a a further 40 - 45 minutes until the edge of the crust is browned.
9. Let pie cool, and refrigerate for best taste.
For awesome pies don't forget to add whipped cream or ice cream and other types of sweet additives. Be creative!