Creamy, flavorful sandwiches that are good as a meal or make an excellent addition to a finger food menu for a party or event. These little flavor delights use seedless thin cucumbers, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and dry Italian dressing. Be warned though, they are highly addictive. I have converted people who turned up there noses at the thought of a cucumber sandwich. Give 'em a try, you might just be surprised.
How to Make Cucumber Sandwiches
- 2 cucumbers, seedless, sliced thin
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 loaf white or wheat bread
- Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and dry Italian dressing in a medium size mixing bowl. (it is easier to mix if you let cream cheese soften)Let this set while you prepare cucumbers so the flavors blend well.
- Peel the cucumbers and cut into thin slices. Put them between two paper towels in a colander. Sprinkle with a little salt. This helps to dry out some of the liquid in the cucumbers. Let sit about 30 minutes.
- Spread cream cheese mix on one side of two pieces of bread. Layer a generous amount of cucumber slices on the cream cheese mixture on one slice of bread. Top with the other slice.
- For party purposes I usually cut these sandwiches into four squares or triangles per sandwich.