- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
Quick And Easy Sauce Recipes For Fish: How to Make Greek Yogurt Cucumber Sauce
Culinary Basics - Using Greek Yogurt
Culinary basics is all about learning to use different ingredients for 'standard' recipes. Here is a new and improved version of Cucumber Sauce and is a 'must have' in the quest for healthy recipes.
Cucumber Sauce is a great way to use Greek yogurt, whether store bought or homemade.
You can also use regular plain yogurt.
This is a great sauce served with poached, broiled or grilled fish.
You will find it a great topping for sandwiches too, especially pita bread sandwiches.
Last but not least, it makes a great topping for grilled chicken with its delightfully ‘fresh’ and 'cool as a cucumber' taste.
Makes 1 cup (8 servings)
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or substitute low-fat plain yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon greated onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of pepper
- Peel cucumber, slice lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Shred or coarsely grate the cucumber. Put cucumber in strainer and press out as much liquid as possible.
- Combine other ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the cucumber and stir to blend. Cover and chill at least 1 hour for flavors to blend.
The Facts on Greek Yogurt Cucumber Sauce
Calories from fat 3
Total fat 0 g
Saturated fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1 mg
Total carbs 2 g
Dietary fiber 0 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 1 g
Exchange = Free Food
Courtesy The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
- How To Make Greek Yogurt
- Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
These are the ingredients to prepare an original Greek Tzatziki Sauce 8 ounces strained yogurt (the original greek tzatziki is made with strained yogurt not the regular one) 1 small cucumber 2 garlic cloves 2...
- Tzatziki (Greek Yogurt Sauce) Recipe
I love Greek and Mediterranean food. I often make falafel and when I do I compliment it with homemade tzatziki sauce. Some people refer to this sauce as yogurt sauce. As with anything else, there are a...
- Salmon Patties With Cucumber Sauce
Ingredients: 1/2 kg potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed 1/2 kg pumpkin, peeled, cooked and mashed 1 x 210g can salmon, drained, flaked (tuna can also be use) 1 onion finely chopped cup chopped...
- How to make a Cucumber and Dill Dip
Cucumber & Dill Dip and Cucumber Salsa Ingredients: 2 cups of goats milk yogurt ( or plain yogurt) 3 drops of Tabasco 3 drops of Worchestershire sauce 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh dill ...