- Food and Cooking
Cupcakes In A Jar And Other Fun Cupcake Ideas
Baking cupcakes on a whole new level.
How would you like to have your cupcake and eat it too? Ok, I know it's not cupcake, but it's close enough. I dare to say that most people, especially children, love sweets. I know I do. The first thing that draws my attention is the presentation of the sweets - the "eye candy" is attractive and I can't wait to taste it. I especially like cupcakes because they are compact and easy to handle. Here are some really great cupcake ideas that some of you might not have thought of - Cupcakes in a Jar. You might be thinking by now, are you kidding me? No, I'm not kidding you. After you see these pictures you will run out to purchase the necessary items you need to make these unusual delights. You'll be baking cupcakes on a whole new level. Cupcakes in a jar and the other ideas I am about to share are great alternatives to the traditional birthday cake and other celebration treats. Enjoy!
Want to bake a perfect cupcake? Here are 10 great tips.
How-to video on making cupcakes and buttercream icing from www.JoyofBaking.com. Video includes how to frost your cupcakes too.
I recommend viewing the entire video.
You'll need pint or 1/2 pint mason jars. Notice I specified the wide mouth jars so you can fit your spoon in and eat.
Now that your cupcakes are made, layering them in a jar is a snap.
- Wash and dry your mason jars including your lids.
- If you are using 12 oz. jars then three cupcakes is what you'll need. If you are using 8 oz. jars then two cupcakes is what you'll need. If you are using 4 oz. jars then one cupcake is what you'll need, but with a 4 oz. jar you'll need to cut that one cupcake in half.
- Let's say you're using an 8 oz. jar. Put the first cupcake in the bottom of your mason jar. Flatten it out some.
- Swirl your icing on top of the cupcake.
- Put the second cupcake on top of the icing.
- Swirl more icing on top of the second cupcake. Make sure not to over fill.
- Put your lid on the jar and you're done.
Here's how your cupcakes in a jar should look.
Decorating your jars is easy and fun. Here are some ideas.
Cupcake in a Wine Glass. Your dinner guests will be so impressed.
Slice a cupcake in three layers. Put icing in bottom of glass, then a slice, icing, another slice, icing, final top slice, swirl icing over final top slice.
Cupcakes in Miniature Favor Pails. Birthday parties will never be the same.
2 inch tall pails.
Graduation Cupcakes. Click source URLs for tutorials.
Other Hubs by Kristine Manley
- How to Bake Pies in Jars
If you like to bake pies, bake them in jars, and here's how. These mini pies make great gifts and one time treats to satisfy your sweet tooth. Pies in a Jar.