- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Dessert Cakes
Easy Peasy Amazing Vanilla Cupcake recipe
This time my husband requested that I try vanilla cupcakes with some Easy Homemade Vanilla Buttercream Icing.
And man did they turn out wonderful! I think I still like my chocolate cupcakes with chocolate chips better, but it's been hard to decide which one to go get from the refrigerator for dessert every night. lol
The sour cream in this recipe makes them light an fluffy with a melt in your mouth texture. And the rum extract gives them a taste like you've never tasted.
There are so many flavors available in the extract aisle of the grocery store that no one knows about. This is one that I discovered a few years ago that had made everything I've used it in that much better!
Even if you've never been a cupcake kind of person, like me, before, these will definitely make you change your mind.
Cupcakes around the house have been a real treat because I simply don't make them.
Fill your house will wonderful smells and delightful fluffy cupcakes as well with this amazing recipe, and you won't regret it.
Now for the recipe!!
- 1 1/4 cup butter
- 1 3/4 sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon rum extract, (my secret ingredient)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream, (this is the key to this whole recipe)
- Gather your ingredients to put together your cupcakes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and fill two large cupcake trays with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl measure out your butter.
- Also, add your sugar to the butter in your bowl.
- With a hand mixer, combine your butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. The color will lighten as you mix.
- Next add in your four eggs and mix again.
- Finally add in your vanilla and rum extracts.
- Mix all of your wet ingredients thoroughly to evenly combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, measure out your flour.
- Add your cornstarch to this bowl.
- Next, measure out your baking powder.
- And finally, add your salt.
- Mix all of your dry ingredients well to evenly distribute all ingredients throughout.
- Now slowly, a little bit at a time, alternate pouring your dry ingredients into your wet mixture and mixing with your hand mixer until all is mixed in.
- Finally, add your sour cream to your cupcake batter and mix well.
- Spoon out your batter into all of your cupcake liners until they are 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Frost each when cool with my Easy Homemade Vanilla Buttercream Icing.
- Yummy! Yummy!
|Serving size: 1 cupcake|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Carbohydrates 24 g||8%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 80 mg||27%|
|Sodium 289 mg||12%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
The only thing I can imagine changing about this dish is to fill the cups a little more.
Most recipes suggest only filling the cupcake cups halfway to give the batter room to rise. With my chocolate cupcakes, I accidentally overfilled and it was a disaster.
My second batch of chocolate cupcakes I only filled halfway with perfect results. Well, with this recipe, it was a little different as the batter didn't rise quite as much.
I filled the cups only halfway (learning from my lesson with the chocolate cupcakes), and unfortunately, they didn't rise quite as much as I would have liked.
They were still fluffy and light, but not as high as could have been possible. Next time, I'm going to fill them 3/4 full to get the most height out of them as possible.
Otherwise, these were so delicious! Not only were they a hit with my husband, but our friends couldn't keep their hands off of them!
Try them out and let me know what you think!!
What is your favorite flavor of cupcake?
© 2014 Victoria Van Ness