Dal Makhani or lentil with butter is a very popular Punjabi dish. Dal Makhani can be had in every small dhaba to big restaurant all over north India or any where in world where you find Punjabis. Dal Makhani is rich in taste. Dal Makhani can be eaten with tandoori roti or naan. Since Dal Makhani is totally vegetarian and full of legumes, so Dal Makhani is healthy even though it has butter in it. Dal Makhani is usually a staple diet in all over North India and punjab part of Pakistan. Dal Makhani can be prepared in many ways but ingredients usually remain same. Easy to cook and ingredients can be easily brought from any super market or on Ebay and amazon.
1. Black grams 250 grams
2. Butter 60 grams
3. Kidney beans 50 grams
4. Coriander powder 1 Tbsp
5. Cream 1 Cup
6. Cumin 1 Tsp
7. Garam masala 1 Tsp
8. Ginger Garlic Paste 2 Tbsp
9. Oil 1 Tbsp
10. Red Chilli powder 10 Grams
11. Salt To taste
12. Tomatoes Pureed 5
13. Turmeric powder
14. Coriander Chopped for Garnishing.
How to make Dal Makhani
- First of all take the black grams, kidney beans and Bengal grams in a container and wash them thoroughly.
- Now soak them in enough water that they are fully covered. Usually take twice the water by volume. Leave them in water for 3 hours.
- Drain them and cook in the pressure cooker or boil them till they are mash able consistency.
- Take a heavy bottom pan.
- Heat oil.
- Add cumin and garam masala.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Add Turmeric and tomato puree.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes covered.
- Add chilli powder and salt.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Mixture would be a pulpy sauce.
- Add cooked kidney beans and dal in this mixture.
- Now add little water if you find consistency too thick.
- Bring it boil.
- Add little butter on the top.
- Garnish with chopped coriander/ cilantro.
- Serve hot with naan or tandoori roti.
Does Dal Makhani Excite your taste buds
More hubs by me
- Bombay Potaoes Recipe
This is a very simple potato recipe. It is used all over India and is basically a side dish but can be used as main dish too. It is very easy to make and makes any food very tasty. People carry this dish during travelling and eat it with puri and man
- Tandoori Bell Pepper
Tandoor is an Indian cooking earthen pot which is heated with charcoal or wood to a high degree and it roasts the dishes to a distinct aroma and taste. If you don’t have tandoor , you can also use an over to roast the ingredients. Bell pepper is easi
- Silky Chicken Kebabs Recipe
Kebabs have been favorite dish of Muslim Indian Royalty since long. They used to employ special cooks to make kebabs. It was said that if a cook is not Kebabs then he doesn’t know cooking at all. Kebabs are usually made from mutton ( lamb or goat mea